Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Liberal Creationism, or: Yippee, Itís Bell-Curve Time Again!

my iq level is under 100. but im the cleverest on dissensus
    http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=10082
    i dont think anyone would disupute that claim. i cant do maths like vimothy, or physics like mr tea, or statistics like barty, or read books like craner, and yet i am the cleverest with an iq in the 80s. gestalt. field of vision.

a lot of this is to do with if you are a domesticated animal. you are a domesticated animal if you respond to basic carrot and stick training methods. people who did well at school are people who were trained like animals. nerds were trained like animals and took pride in their ability to jump through hoops.

we've got a terrible problem with nerds at the moment. nick lands twitter stinks of clearsil and wank tissues and hes telling everyone how clever he is and how iq is some kind of be all and end all and its just sad. burn this to the ground. mixed biscuits talking about iq and then he comes out with trump cant be racist hes mates with kanye. wtf. i never met a high iq person who was good company, why, becasue they are thick. theres too much nuance in conversation, it requires too much intelliegence.

I've never taken an IQ test, but I suspect I would score badly. I was always a bit useless at those verbal reasoning tests we did at school.

The true measure of intelligence, according to Nassim Nicholas Taleb, is whether or not you insist on red wine with your steak

https://medium.com/incerto/the-intel...577#.bzt75bquk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HMGovt For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    The true measure of intelligence, according to Nassim Nicholas Taleb, is whether or not you insist on red wine with your steak

https://medium.com/incerto/the-intel...577#.bzt75bquk
    And Taleb should know - his surname literally means 'scholar', how brainiac is that?!
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

People bragging about their high IQ is really excruciating.

Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    People bragging about their high IQ is really excruciating.
    But is it any worse than people bragging about their low IQ?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

people who read taleb should be banned from the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    people who read taleb should be banned from the internet.
    Bro, do you even lift?
    Last edited by HMGovt; 17-02-2017 at 12:17 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HMGovt For This Useful Post:

The funny thing is, Luke is one of the biggest nerds I've ever met. He just doesn't realize it, or chooses not to realize it, because he's a nerd about culture rather than one of the limited list of things he thinks it's possible to be a nerd about (science and technology, primarily, but also economics, history and anything to do with war - vim's bag, basically).

Nice try but doomed to failure

My jaw's dropped a number of times recently reading luka's posts, so I'm totally on board saying he's the smartest.

In many ways luka's the anti-barty. I'm a nerd, he's an aesthete. I'm derivative, he's original. I'm a cog in The System, a willing servant to The Man, Luka's a psychic terrorist, a situationist, and aesthetic vigilante.

I'm politically pro intellectualism, but culturally anti-intellectual, whereas luka's all cultured but his political views are like something from an issue of the Invisibles.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Nice try but doomed to failure
    You trying to tell me there's nothing even a bit nerdy about a thread titled "method acting/role play supercedes irony as cultural strategy"?

But I dunno, maybe you're right - you are good at seeing the bigger picture, certainly, and perhaps a basic definition of a nerd might be someone who enjoys, and excels at, getting into the details of things.