Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: energy in your hair

"I'm not saying that there aren't things that are continuous, just that there isn't ONE ESSENTIAL THING that has defined me throughout my life. It's just a bunch of things that more-or-less cohere over a period of time."
    Hang on a minute, that's what I was saying from the start wasn't it? The bunch of things that cohere over time you may as well call essence 'cause it seems that that is what it is.

"..the mind rather is just the idea of the body and of the 'outside' world in which it resides."
    That doesn't seem too contradictory either.

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    is that movie kind of a cult thing in england? my highschool girlfriend was obsessed with it and i saw it when i was 17 but didn't get it at all... or maybe was too stoned. maybe i need to see it again.

what about pubes? do they conduct / transmit / receive as well? i just shaved all mine off. do it every couple of months. feels great. so at the moment the only hair on my body is a little bit on my fore-arms, under the pits, and on my legs. funny i don't feel uptight at all though
    anyone else here a pube shaver? never occured to me to do it but im a baldhead so need all the other hairs to provide balance and compensation.

what a mad old thread!

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    anyone else here a pube shaver?
    You mean like, as a profession?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

"Anyone else here..." --> luka confirmed as a professional pubic barber.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

When I was working at the post office, centuries ago, a long-haired driver told me this very theory, pretty much - your hair is an antenna to receive positive, wholesome cosmic vibes, and the longer the hair, the better the signal. Apparently this is also why skinheads are typically bothersome.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    When I was working at the post office, centuries ago, a long-haired driver told me this very theory, pretty much - your hair is an antenna to receive positive, wholesome cosmic vibes, and the longer the hair, the better the signal. Apparently this is also why skinheads are typically bothersome.
    Was he paraphrasing Danny from Withnail and I, do you think, or is this actually a fairly common idea?

Moreover, it's interesting that two common ways for holy men of various sorts to demonstrate their detachment from the material world is either to grow their hair as long as possible (and, in extreme cases, never even comb or wash it, so it ends up a disgusting matted mass) or to shave it off completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Was he paraphrasing Danny from Withnail and I, do you think, or is this actually a fairly common idea?

Moreover, it's interesting that two common ways for holy men of various sorts to demonstrate their detachment from the material world is either to grow their hair as long as possible (and, in extreme cases, never even comb or wash it, so it ends up a disgusting matted mass) or to shave it off completely.
    No idea - is that taken from the film? That's about the most meaningful conversation I ever had with the bloke.

Then again, given the '70s Rasta DJs' murderous contempt for barbers and baldheads, I guess long locks don't totally chill you out. And how does this square with Buddhists and Hare Krishnas?

Second post in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    "I donít advise getting a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the Government. Hair are your antennae, connecting you to the cosmos. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight"
    But yeah, hippies can be the most uptight sort of people you'll ever meet, so I reckon it's bollocks.