are you psychotic?

zhao

there are no accidents
the following story and question, so a friend told me on monday, is part of an actual, clinical method used to test for psychosis (but to me seems to also and maybe even better suited for testing sociopathy)

there is only 1 right answer, and if you get it it means you either are psychotic (or IMO sociopathic or both), or at least have strong tendencies.

don't think too long and hard, you should be able to get it right fairly quickly. or not.

i will PM those who answer with their mental health report so as not to spoil it for others who come to this later. and those who know please don't give it away.

here goes:

mother of 2 sisters die. at the funeral, one of the sisters meets a man and they have an amazing love affair. afterwards, she goes home and kills her sister. why?

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
but what is your answer noel? don't be afraid. even if you turn out to be psychotic we'll still like you. :)

Last edited:

STN

sou'wester
I remember this, I answered it and discovered that I'm not psychotic, which was a relief.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
but what is your answer noel? don't be afraid. even if you turn out to be psychotic we'll still like you. :)
Thanks, I'm not worried about appearing psychotic, might give me a useful aura of danger. Just didn't want to give the game away so to speak. I'll PM you. No doubt this means I am a dangerous psycho killer.

Well I would PM if your inbox wasn't full up.

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. zhao has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

swears

preppy-kei
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. Am I a cold blooded killer, then?

EDIT: PM me with the results, zhao.

Last edited:

gek-opel

entered apprentice
I googled the answer and its none of these folks. Its tricksier than that. Dunno how this is meant to show yr a sociopath tho.

noel emits

I figured the 'correct' answer would be 'I don't know, there's just no indication of a decent motive there'. If you see one (immediately) you must be a psycho. I guess that's the idea.

No hang, on the correct answer is "fuck off why are you asking me these questions i'll kill you etc.'

;)

Any sociopath worth their cyanide should be able to work that out though.

zhao

there are no accidents
sorry about that - PM box cleared.

i see one correct answer staring at me on this page... and the version i know is a little bit different from the one on the urban legends page. not sure if i trust what that page says anyhow because it equates psychopathy with sociopathy, and from what i understand sociopathy is a form of psychopathy...

and no gek, the correct answer is actually not tricky, it's the most logical one actually... albeit maybe a wonky logic.

Last edited:

STN

sou'wester
'"The most extraordinary feature that psychopaths present," the Home Office lecturer was saying, "is the painstaking effort they make to copy normal people." He looked happily at us. "They make a close study of us - you realise that."'

Now that's a good opening to a novel, maybe I should stick it on that thread too...

zhao

there are no accidents
and on related tip i've also heard that one of the clinical sure signs of good old fashioned insanity is

"repeating the same actions but expecting different results"

pretty interesting.

oh and seeing yourself from another vantage point in dreams being a sign of schizophrenia seems like an urban myth. but maybe not? anyone know more about it?

noel emits

I've read there's a test that's done for 'schizophrenic' thought patterns that has something to do with ability to understand metaphor or irony, non-literal things.

The thing about 'repeating the same actions' is a joke isn't it? An aphorism.