Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

zhao

there are no accidents
like IdleRich i just saw a 50s movie this week too: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. was pretty amazed at how scathing was the critical attitude toward post-war American materialism in the film, and how poignantly it illustrates the misery, bitterness, lovelessness and self loathing of people who have it all...

that and how 50s breasts are so pointy. poke an eye out if yer not careful.

zhao

there are no accidents
I'd like to see it again actually.

yeah me too. never did finish it cuz i got distracted by this girl was watching it with.

My girlfriend always comments on that - she thinks it's a good thing.

it's an empowerment thing right? cuz they is like weapons or something. i know i'd feel pretty tough walkin around if i had lances pokin out my chest -- "don't fuck with me motherfucker i'll impale your ass"

was listening to richard prior during lunch and now i sound like the motherfucker when i type n shit.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i guess they're called "bullet bras". sumfin new everyday

It's all to do with cold war paranoia - pointy boobs are a subconscious semiotic echo of NUKULAR MISSULS!!!

Maybe. I think they're great, anyway. :)

zhao

there are no accidents
It's all to do with cold war paranoia - pointy boobs are a subconscious semiotic echo of NUKULAR MISSULS!!!

certainly there is element of aggressiveness which is prolly related to the arms race as well as aggressive economic expansion of the 50s.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
certainly there is element of aggressiveness which is prolly related to the arms race as well as aggressive economic expansion of the 50s.

There's a potential Master's thesis in this idea, I reckon.

zhao

there are no accidents
and of course Madana's co-optation of them in the aggressive careerism of the 80s and early 90s will have to be included as well.

as a boy watching old films i actually thought the shape of women's breasts had somehow physically changed over the years. the modern fashion is for them to be as globosous as possible eh? the whole "push up" thing. i think i'll go with the cones as well. violent associations aside they do tally rather well with the finned cars and shiny rockets of the "atomic era"

(this is a great film too ;))

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
as a boy watching old films i actually thought the shape of women's breasts had somehow physically changed over the years. the modern fashion is for them to be as globosous as possible eh? the whole "push up" thing.

Yeah, it's a bit weird - with those push-up bras you get a completely unnatural 'bum-boobs' effect. Possibly a result of the global popularity of Baywatch over the last 10-15 years? (I once heard that this is supposedly the world's most popular TV program - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baywatch backs this up).

Er, I'll let you all carry on talking about the film now!