Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Since it's been a while since we had an Israel/Palestine thread...

Whoah.

Israeli soldier Elor Azaria convicted over Hebron death

Is there precedent for this, does anyone know? It's a manslaughter conviction, rather than murder, but it seems quite significant.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Ex-officials: Israeli leader spurned secret peace offer

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/eccdd...ions-trumps-us

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Whoah.

Israeli soldier Elor Azaria convicted over Hebron death

Is there precedent for this, does anyone know? It's a manslaughter conviction, rather than murder, but it seems quite significant.
    Extremely rare, but happens occasionally. The sentence is farcical and he'll be let out long before 18 months. Over 260 Palestinians killed by soldiers in similar circumstances in recent years & this is the only conviction - due solely to the video evidence.

Hamas proving yet again that they are far more amenable to negotiation that Israel.

n the biggest concession, the new document states that Hamas “considers the establishment of a fully sovereign and independent Palestinian state, with Jerusalem as its capital along the lines of 4 June 1967, with the return of the refugees and the displaced to their homes from which they were expelled, to be a formula of national consensus”.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-1967-borders

Ah, back in the days when you didnt even need to invent even a vaguely plausible pretext to start a war which destabilised a country and birthed a dangerous new strain of Islamic radicalism.
    Last edited by droid; 04-05-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Fascinating watching those old ABC reports without editing and voice over, isn't it?

Prompted by reading David Hirst's last book Beware of Small States, which is very good indeed.

What the hell are you doing reading Hirst? You're anti-everything he stands for.

Its very good. Nice companion piece to pity the nation. I actually have a spare hardback copy of this which I was going to give to you at the convocation.