Tom Cruise scientology video

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
That was hard to watch, I had to stop. But you know, it's easy to mock. People believe all kinds of stuff. By the way there are subliminal mind control messages in those periodic flashes - if you watched the whole video you are now a sleeper drone and will be completely under their control when the appropriate stimulus is applied. That guitar loop was kind of sinister too.

mms

sometimes
gwad.
nuts he might as well be talking to a mirror.
The weird guitar riff thing reminded me of tainted love.

swears

preppy-kei
"When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing — they believe in anything."

G.K. Chesterton

zhao

there are no accidents
so apparently Germany had successfully implemented a complete ban of scientology but the scientologists won some kind of court case and now it's kind of a tie that can still go either way...

good for the germans.

crackerjack

so apparently Germany had successfully implemented a complete ban of scientology but the scientologists won some kind of court case and now it's kind of a tie that can still go either way...

good for the germans.

They're really down on it over there, aren't they. Some govt minister called TC the Goebbels of Scientology when he was in Germany to film Valkyrie.

Pestario

tell your friends
jeeez that was boring. Just a bunch of unfinished sentences and other babble. I couldn't see how that could convince anyone to join scientology other than the celeb-endorsement factor.

A pic of Tom Cruise with "Join or I will EAT you" in giant letters would be more convincing.

swears

preppy-kei
"they get quite alot of cash from private members and wall street as well.
its all quite sinister."

I wonder how many people join thinking "this is all crazy" but do it to be in with the right crowd and make business connections?

mms

sometimes
"they get quite alot of cash from private members and wall street as well.
its all quite sinister."

I wonder how many people join thinking "this is all crazy" but do it to be in with the right crowd and make business connections?

well its a fine balance between power influence and madness, scientology is hardly humble rather like it's dear leader the terminally cold-hearted and crooked l ron hubbard. Once you're in too its not as if you can opt out.

zhao

there are no accidents

and it is SO, SO crazy. how can anyone in their right mind... well the surface "self help" level is not so far fetched i suppose, and even the fake machines - if you are extremely gullible and really in need of SOMETHING to hold on to know what i mean? but just a little deeper, all the SP's and Orgs and lizard gods from other dimensions? how in the fuck anyone above the age of 6 can take any of it serious is fucking beyond me.

so the answer in MY humble opinion, having lived in LA for 12 years, is 95%+ of the members are in the social club to be in the right crowd trying to make the right connections. fact that it's on preposterous grounds don't matter one bit -- it's all just ego and money.

Once you're in too its not as if you can opt out.

all the alleged persecution of ex-members - what's scary is there is probably a lot of weight to it when they say "you will never work in this city again". and when they want somebody to disappear? no one probably ever heard from them again.

had a wealthy venture captialist friend who used to tell me stories... straight out of some Raymond Chandler novel. except more crazy. so crazy that it's completely believable.

KernKätzchen

What was with the editing though? I mean, it just seemed like a series of snapshots or soundbites interrupted by those weird subliminal flashes. Might it have made a bit more sense if the clips had been in the right order? Was this a genuine Scientology video designed to influence members and get new recruits? Or did someone outside Scientology get hold of it and edit it to make him look stupid? Ok, so what he says *is* pure bollocks, but you get the feeling that it might at least have made narrative sense if his comments had been set in some sort of context.

mms

sometimes
What was with the editing though? I mean, it just seemed like a series of snapshots or soundbites interrupted by those weird subliminal flashes. Might it have made a bit more sense if the clips had been in the right order? Was this a genuine Scientology video designed to influence members and get new recruits? Or did someone outside Scientology get hold of it and edit it to make him look stupid? Ok, so what he says *is* pure bollocks, but you get the feeling that it might at least have made narrative sense if his comments had been set in some sort of context.

is it not some kind of hit of key words and phrases to look up on the net etc, over lulling music...
it's basically a classically overconfident misjudgement too.