from russia with hate

vimothy

yurp
DSCN4889.jpg

Jaie Miller

crackerjack
being black hasn't immunised me against anything in the past. thats fine, misunderstandings take place all the time. the lady at natwest wasn't going to give me any change unless she had proof of my account or something, it's not like my parents dont have a morgage out with them. she was saying some crap to me about unless i have details of my account. so i said , it's along way to go just to get some information, and she was like, usually we only give to people when they show their card. I'm like , where?! where does it say that?! the account doesn't even have a card. ;like many accounts at natwest I'm sure of it. I'm not racist. I'm aware of that. I spent a great deal of time worshipping a white man. and you have to be aware of how difficult that would be, with all the billboards and voices and TV programms and everyone everywhere. and the genuwinly nice folk. I did experience my first bit of self hate a while ago. that was strange. but it can be avoided. I want to talk about racism and positions of power. Jaie is a messenger of god. a delightful germ. I don't agree with , black chat. i would never post there. K-fluck k-fluck k-fluck.

Welcome to my office. *Picture of Mugabe with my head on the top*

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
they see that I'm black and immediatly assume that I'm under them.
There may be some truth to this in some instances.

But I think more generally some east Europeans who come to the UK to work* just can't believe how fucking easy everything is compared to where they've come from. They probably find it hard to understand how people in the UK can be so cynical about the country or consumer culture or whatever.

Having said that it seems like a good number of Polish workers are heading home as things have improved considerably there, economically, while getting worse here.

* And yes, the same probably goes for the gangs.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, I imagine the zloty probably follows the euro quite closely, and the pound isn't worth shit against the euro at the moment.

Re.: racists East Europeans - yeah, unfortunately this comes with the territory, as I'm sure many of them have never met a black person before coming to the UK. I remember a Hungarian woman in a house I lived in a couple of years ago laughing at a sideburn-sporting black cop in some American film from the '70s because "he look like a monkey!". And she was educated and had a decent job, you know? You just don't usually hear that sort of thing.

Last edited:

stelfox

Beast of Burden
quote of previous inflammatory post deleted

if this isn't grounds for banning someone i really don't know what is.

please take this elsewhere.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
if this isn't grounds for banning someone i really don't know what is.

please take this elsewhere.

yes a line was crossed. but... i really don't think he means to sound racist. (but of course he does)

Jaie: please be a LOT more careful of how you word things. I have been a "foreigner" all my life, where ever i go, and it is extremely offensive to hear you say some of the things you said.

_________

but at the same time, as Noel and Tea's response to the offensive post testifies, Jaie's comments are indeed based on certain realities. and i think they are worth while -- at least to me, someone who is thinking about emigrating to the UK soon-ish, to read about, albeit from a very limited and subjective point of view, dynamics between certain classes and ethnic groups and such.

Octopus?

God, there's nothing redeeming about that post at all, and the fact that people are defending THAT (and taking many of Jaie's other posts with a grain of salt) while simultaneously criticizing much, much lesser 'offenses' in other threads is totally bewildering to me.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i think you are letting the guy off way too lightly. that stuff is deeply prejudiced and can't be construed as anything but. plenty of people don't mean to be racist but that doesn't alter the fact that they are. however, i cannot see how you can take the time to write something like that and not realise what you are doing. a while ago those were the predominant views about jews, then black people, then south asian people. now it's a newer group. just because an immigrant community is less established, it doesn't mean that it should have to ride out those kind of repulsive attitudes and preconceptions until the next bunch of scapegoats arrives. it's wrong on every level, every time, no matter who is saying it. anyone with those attitudes should be fucking ashamed of themselves, especially if they will willingly voice them, far less write them down. anyone defending such behaviour, or condoning by silence should be, too. it's disgusting and reading that makes me feel genuinely sick.

it's not like this is the first time, either.

but at the same time, as Noel and Tea's response to the offensive post testifies, Jaie's comments are indeed based on certain realities. and i think they are worth while -- at least to me, someone who is thinking about emigrating to the UK soon-ish, to read about, albeit from a very limited and subjective point of view, dynamics between certain classes and ethnic groups and such.

well, there are better ways to do your research than listening to stuff like that. i'm going to move to canada soon, zhao. i don't see much point in listening to people on the st0rmfr0nt canada discussion board, (if such a thing exists), to see just how bad the worst canadians can be. there's not much difference, really.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
God, there's nothing redeeming about that post at all, and the fact that people are defending THAT (and taking many of Jaie's other posts with a grain of salt) while simultaneously criticizing much, much lesser 'offenses' in other threads is totally bewildering to me.

I should add that I wasn't trying to defend Jaie's entire post - he was, after all, tarring whole ethnic and national groups with a single sweep of the brush, which is almost a definition of racism - I was just saying that it's certainly not unheard of for people from eastern Europe to have, shall we say, less than fraternal attitudes towards black and Asian people.

Last edited:

Octopus?

I should add that I wasn't trying to defend Jaie's entire post - he was, after all, tarring whole ethnic and national groups with a single sweep of the brush, which is almost a definition of racism - I was just saying that it's certainly not unheard of for people from eastern Europe to have, shall we say, less than fraternal attitudes towards black and Asian people.

Well, I can understand that...but at the same time the fact that Jaie gets treated with a kind of bemused attitude while spouting some of the most repellent trash I've ever seen on this forum is staggering. The fact that he received any reasonable responses at all to his posts beyond "Honestly, shut up" is somewhat telling.

At least I was occasionally interested in reading hundredmillionlifetimes/Padraig's posts and they would, more often than not, say something honestly interesting or thought-provoking. Jaie just pukes incoherent poison all over this site and people treat it in a comedic fashion and seem to view it as carte blanche to respond in kind. I don't understand that at all.

And it's not almost a definition of racism. It IS quite clearly the very definition of racism.

noel emits

If someone has a problem with a post or a poster then take it up directly with them or report it to a moderator. Don't try to dictate to others how they should or should not respond to something.

Last edited:

Octopus?

I'm not trying to dictate anybody's response at all, just expressing genuine surprise that a lot of people seem unplussed by some of the things said in this and other posts by the same individual. I'm allowed to express shock at seemingly casual racism, ain't I? I'll remember to express all replies in the form of a question from here on end, I didn't mean to seem dictatorial.

That being said, Noel, this is how you should have responded to my post...

:D

noel emits

I'm not trying to dictate anybody's response at all, just expressing genuine surprise that a lot of people seem unplussed by some of the things said in this and other posts by the same individual. I'm allowed to express shock at seemingly casual racism, ain't I?
Are you accusing me of something here?

The fact that he received any reasonable responses at all to his posts beyond "Honestly, shut up" is somewhat telling.
Telling of what exactly, do you think?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Are you accusing me of something here?

Not meaning to butt in or anything - but butting in all the same, I suppose - I'm certain Octopus? wasn't accusing *you* of casual racism; he was expressing shock at the lack of shock at Jaie's casual racism. Which I admit, does seem a bit anomalous, in that others here have been attacked far worse for less offensive statements. I guess maybe the impression one gets of Jaie, namely that he's a bit nuts (no offence, Jaie, I mean you've said as much yourself), gets him off the hook because people assume he's joking or being 'ironic' or whatever.

Last edited:

noel emits

Well I can see it's going to be one of those.

If someone has a specific problem with something I've said then please address it. Otherwise fuck off.

If you have a problem with something someone else has said then just take it up with them. Asking questions isn't such a bad idea.

5800 registered users haven't commented on this thread - are we to accuse them all of casual racism?

Octopus?

Not meaning to butt in or anything - but butting in all the same, I suppose - I'm certain Octopus? wasn't accusing *you* of casual racism; he was expressing shock at the lack of shock at Jaie's casual racism. Which I admit, does seem a bit anomalous, in that others here have been attacked far worse for less offensive statements. I guess maybe the impression one gets of Jaie, namely that he's a bit nuts (no offence, Jaie, I mean you've as much yourself), gets him off the hook because people assume he's joking or being 'ironic' or whatever.

Thanks Mr. Tea, that's pretty spot on. I'm not accusing you of anything at all, Noel. I was just wondering out loud why there seemed to be very little negative response to this and other posts. Some of the things said in the post in question were so irredeemably offensive/unjustifiable that, joking or not, they went so far over the line that the line itself was out of sight and were honestly some of the most offensive things I've ever seen on this board.

Octopus?

If someone has a specific problem with something I've said then please address it. Otherwise fuck off.

If you have a problem with something someone else has said then just take it up with them. Asking questions isn't such a bad idea.

5800 registered users haven't commented on this thread - are we to accuse them all of casual racism?

*sigh*

noel emits

Not meaning to butt in or anything - but butting in all the same, I suppose - I'm certain Octopus? wasn't accusing *you* of casual racism; he was expressing shock at the lack of shock at Jaie's casual racism.
Right you are.
Octopus? said:
people treat it in a comedic fashion and seem to view it as carte blanche to respond in kind
Octopus? said:
The fact that he received any reasonable responses at all to his posts beyond "Honestly, shut up" is somewhat telling.
Octopus? said:
Octopus? said:
just expressing genuine surprise that a lot of people seem unplussed by some of the things said in this and other posts by the same individual. I'm allowed to express shock at seemingly casual racism, ain't I?

That's a lot of insinuation.

It's interesting that simply responding politely to someone's post should provoke this kind of reaction here. From people who claim to be opposing and appalled by prejudice.

Last edited:

noel emits

I'm not sure I understand how people can claim to be offended by someone expressing their honest thoughts and reactions. Nowhere did I see Jaie insisting that anyone agree with what he said. You are all free to question those views and why someone might hold them.

Also, do people seriously think this was an attempt to spread racial hatred?