Three right feet arising

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I keep wondering if the sneakers were all Converse Hi Tops with the remains of some narrow cut jeans left inside.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Most unlikely bit of beautiful coastline for this to happen.

Nah, it's always beautiful, remote places where stuff like this happens. Just so Dalziel and Pascoe (or whoever) can turn up and say "Most unlikely bit of beautiful coastline for this to happen".

noel emits

In this case three rights definitely make a wrong. I still think it's some kind of ritual sacrifice of blogging 'gappers'.

crackerjack

Most unlikely bit of beautiful coastline for this to happen.

Not so far-fetched if you've been reading McMafia

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/17/AR2007081701716_pf.html

Those swamps are steadily seeping toward the United States. British Columbia is now home to the greatest number of organized-crime syndicates anywhere in the world (if we accept the U.N. definition of a syndicate as more than two people involved in a planned crime). According to B.C. government statistics, the production, distribution and export of B.C. Bud, highly potent marijuana grown in hothouses along the province's border with the United States, accounts for 6 percent of the region's gross domestic product. It now employs more Canadians than British Columbia's traditional industries of mining and logging combined.

Last edited:

noel emits

(if we accept the U.N. definition of a syndicate as more than two people involved in a planned crime)
I never realised it was so easy to get into organised crime. All you need to do is persuade two mates to join you in some hair-brained scheme and you too can be a Mr Big. :)

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
In the Guardian today it says "So is some fiendish serial killer at work?... Or is there a less sinister explanation?" - five unattached human feet have washed up, how can there be an explanation that's not sinister? I wonder if there is any significance in the first lefty turning up?

noel emits

There was a theory somewhere to do with the way right or left feet would move in the water that would account for them ending up in different places. :eek:

It seems bizarre in a Fortean sort of way but I think the reality is going to prove to be all too banal violence. Bricks around ankles, that sort of thing. :(

IdleRich

IdleRich
"There was a theory somewhere to do with the way right or left feet would move in the water that would account for them ending up in different places."
I guess that's plausible but wouldn't you expect the other one to turn up somewhere? And it still doesn't explain why they were cut off in the first place.

"It seems bizarre in a Fortean sort of way but I think the reality is going to prove to be all too banal violence. Bricks around ankles, that sort of thing"
Yeah, I expect so - I just feel bad for the poor lost souls.