board is really dead

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
It's because Vimothy has taken over every political thread insisting everyone must address every problem from an economist's point of view, sends a barrage of his schoolwork via pdf links which no one cares to read instead actually discussing things (though he's more than happy to play 5th grade diversity teacher for the barely articulate polz), and refuses to seriously engage with other types of arguments. See the fair trade thread for an example, and look at the Politics forum, which I think was actually interesting at one point. This occurred after HMLT (who could actually debate econ) was banned and several other Lacanian-left posters drastically reduced their posting.

One man's opinion of course, and discussions about The State of the Messageboard Today always sort of suck, but threads and posts I personally find interesting and worth my time have declined in the past few months, and I think this is why.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"It's because Vimothy has taken over every political thread insisting everyone must address every problem from an economist's point of view"
Those pesky capitalists ruin everything that's beautiful.

mixed_biscuits

Nomadologist hasn't been posting enough for my liking, of late.

Can we not sponsor these people to ensure that they keep giving us the product that we know and love?

swears

preppy-kei
Would have thought there'd be more Bassline discussion with it blowing up somewhat.

And more way out leftie psychoanalyst stuff I barely understand, plz.

craner

Beast of Burden
Padraig was banned, then returned as hundredmillionlifetimes, then was banned again for two months.

Er, I know. I was being...impish.

mms

sometimes
i reckon he's done it on purpose, i think he might have some genuinely juicy bits and pieces but he's had to throw this look on as he's been threatened in some way, he's discrediting himself. I don't think he thinks he's the son of god but then
he keeps some pretty hardcore conspiracy theory friends and getting bogged down in some pretty ludicrous stuff could probably do funny things to a guy.