Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robert Hood fabric Mix

marcusintalex - fabriclive 35 best drum & bass mix cd in years, altho that might not impress many here
    Forgot about that one, yeah thats a solid mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    http://www.discogs.com/release/983959
    http://www.discogs.com/release/850008

Thats the sort of thing I'm on about. I expect I'm just being a grumpy old man. I'm sure its good for the kids to dance the night away to.
    Mmm...bet that Freddie Mercury remix is...er......'hip'? Not my kind of thing by the looks of it...but I'm only guessing...not knowing a lot of the names mentioned. I'm a 'grumpy' old ex-DJ who's no longer in touch with what The Kids are into...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    I agree, but have however not quit my subscription because a gem comes through every once in a while and they aren't very expensive.

some favs:
    akufen - fabric 16 introduced me to the micro house / minimal thing
    ricardo villalobos - fabric 36 damn good
    global communication - fabric 26 mark pritchard's first half is really nice

marcusintalex - fabriclive 35 best drum & bass mix cd in years, altho that might not impress many here
    james murphy & pat mahoney - fabriclive 36 nice little disco thing

carl craig, audion, aim, ellen allien and ewan pearson ones were pretty good too
    Ewan Pearson played out our club back in the 90s and was very good so I might have a listen to that one. Thanks for the recommendations, anyway. I haven't ventured into techno for a long time so I'm ignorant of who is really worth listening to these days.

the robert hood fabric mix is amazing. been playing it in my car the last two weeks, in and out of work. cant beat a bitta techno at 8:30am in the morning. get some weird looks from people at bus stops, but what the hey!

love "and we shall make our escape" off the hood music 3 ep, just keeps coming at you and then going aweay for a wee bit and then back again. brilliant stuff. i wish i could make this a physical body that i could perhaps marry and even fornicate with.

yeah i've been listening to this mix a lot recently,really enjoying it.
    myself and my mates have gone through something of a robert hood phase in general,hes put out so many great records/albums

Default Robert Hood mix

There's a Robert Hood mix available here.

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/podcas...-7-roberthood/

If anyone knows the track at 27:27 then hola back please.

have been listening to a lot of robert hood lately since version posted one in the what are you listening today topic. i think he really stands out with his productions, they're so groovy, so full of swing and funk.

Last edited by yyaldrin; 18-11-2019 at 01:16 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

He's fantastic. Master of using just a few ingredients and riding them out for a whole track. His redbull music academy lecture is great. Theres a bit where he talks about getting a bigger kick from seeing one guy dancing alone at the back of the room, going wild, rather than pleasing the whole crowd.
    Last edited by pattycakes_; 18-11-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

"minimal nation", "internal empire" and that first cheap records album were among the first techno records I ever bought, it was a whole strange new world to me. I picked them off the shelves of sonic groove, checked them out on the listening station and couldn't believe these weird, repetitive minimalist sounds. like a new world opening up.

can't say I'm a much of a floorplan fan, though.

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    have been listening to a lot of robert hood lately since version posted one in the what are you listening today topic. i think he really stands out with his productions, they're so groovy, so full of swing and funk.

One thing that came to mind when I posted this one was that those pads at the start would be a perfect sample for a jungle tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    "minimal nation", "internal empire" and that first cheap records album were among the first techno records I ever bought, it was a whole strange new world to me. I picked them off the shelves of sonic groove, checked them out on the listening station and couldn't believe these weird, repetitive minimalist sounds. like a new world opening up.

can't say I'm a much of a floorplan fan, though.
    Ooh yes mid 90s Rob Hood. When I first heard Minimal Nation I didn't get it, by the third listen I knew that techno could only be made proper in the Midwest and I threw out my Euro techno and UK IDM records. The Movable Parts 12" is another WTF moment with sequences impossible to recreate.

I also love the fact he is a reborn Christian playing in whatever degenerate places the world over.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chava For This Useful Post:

...and let's not forget, a founding member of UR.