typography

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
but i'm not sure if the arab culture would not have had amazing caligraphy AS WELL AS figurative art if the later wasn't banned (the chinese did).

Oh, for sure - there's a long tradition of calligraphy in European art, too. But the fact that it became the principle form of artistic expression in Islamic cultures, along with abstract geometric patterning (due to the figurative-art ban, of course), is presumably not uncorrelated with how incredibly sophisticated those forms have become.

zhao

there are no accidents
talktome.gif
cheat.gif
Bird.gif
changalibreapril181.gif

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
BETTERNOTTOKNOW.jpg

(and yes i am the creative genius responsible for this piece of typographic excellence)

zhao

there are no accidents
seeing as there are a few graphic designers on board, who is down to trade some designer pay-fonts to kick off the new year?

I have to offer the entire classic Lineto collection, as well as Chalet, Designers Republic, and a bunch of other quality pay fonts from top foundries. (and of course all the staples such as FF Din, etc.)

interested in some new faces from places like Fontshop, FontFont, etc. some faces wanted include but not limited to: Effra, Heroic Condensed, T-Star, Mic 32 New, Kulturista (all from Fontshop top 2009 list)

if interested hit me on the PM.