80's R'n'B/Electro-soul

firefinga

Here is what was in the uk sales charts in february 1980. I'll admit, thin line between disco and funk "R'N'B" but what the heck:

craner

Beast of Burden

Two good ones from the back end of Alexander O'Meal's (sic) debut. Decent album: one all time classic slow jam, 4 great electro soul and funk jams, and two mediocre tracks. Not a bad return for albums of this stripe.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Eugene Wilde - Gotta Get You Home Tonight

Starting in the 1990s, Wilde found success behind the scenes as a songwriter, having penned "I'll Never Break Your Heart" with Albert Manno for the Backstreet Boys.[5] He co-wrote album track "Dear Diary" with Jason Blume and Britney Spears for Spears's 2000 album, Oops!... I Did It Again.[6] He co-wrote the song "I Wish" with Peter Biker, and Kenneth Karlin and Carsten Schack (who are better known as the Danish production/songwriting duo Soulshock & Karlin)[7] for Victoria Beckham for her 2001 album, Victoria Beckham - which was planned as Beckham's third single, a duet with Robbie Craig, but the release was canceled. The song was in the film Bend It Like Beckham, whose title referenced Victoria's husband, David Beckham.[8]

craner

Beast of Burden
Cameo had the BEST videos!

Also the best synth sound and details (check out the last couple of minutes of 'Single Life')

Last edited: