80's R'n'B/Electro-soul

luka

We got so bored of that shit. Timbaland won the argument and the 80s revealed their secrets

drilla

i'd like to share the spotify playlist version of this thread. consider it a thank you for the knowledge dropped here over the years in response to my naive original post.

i started it awhile back and it's now at the point where it's mostly stopped growing actively and is substantial enough to share with you all.

i tried to get everything that's been mentioned and that's available on spotify on it, plus more. any suggestions for deletions/insertions are welcome.

i erred on the side of more more more, so it's not as tight as it could be.
ideally it'd be entirely bangers; right now it's more of an inclusive overview of the genre as contained in spotify's libraries. could make a sub-playlist selecting from it for the super-bangers.
again, suggestions way welcome. thank you all for this thread! :)

p.s. use shuffle

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

i'd like to share the spotify playlist version of this thread. consider it a thank you for the knowledge dropped here over the years in response to my naive original post.

i started it awhile back and it's now at the point where it's mostly stopped growing actively and is substantial enough to share with you all.

i tried to get everything that's been mentioned and that's available on spotify on it, plus more. any suggestions for deletions/insertions are welcome.

i erred on the side of more more more, so it's not as tight as it could be.
ideally it'd be entirely bangers; right now it's more of an inclusive overview of the genre as contained in spotify's libraries. could make a sub-playlist selecting from it for the super-bangers.
again, suggestions way welcome. thank you all for this thread! :)

p.s. use shuffle

1900 songs!

This just made me year

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
UK Garage came close in the late 90s, and rap music is in with a shout too, but 80's R'N'B/Electro-Soul still takes the laurels IMO for best music ever. Esp. if you're allowed to cheat and include a load of 70s Disco within this vibrant church of funk and joy.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Here's my playlist DISCO BISCUITS which incorporates a lot of this shit (plus, bizarrely but oh-so-justifiably, 'Killer' by Adamski).

luka

Thank you Duanna Brown for going to the movies with me when you visited Baltimore during summer '91. I wish you could've Stayed A Little While Child but I know you had to go back home in West Virginia. This song reminds me of that summer because it came on the radio that night after I took you home. Hope all is well sweetness!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Thank you Duanna Brown for going to the movies with me when you visited Baltimore during summer '91. I wish you could've Stayed A Little While Child but I know you had to go back home in West Virginia. This song reminds me of that summer because it came on the radio that night after I took you home. Hope all is well sweetness!

The best (most resonant and moving) music writing on the web is found under YouTube videos.

luka

yeah ive seen that. he always says what he has to say in the first paragraph and then rambles on for about 2000 more words about nothing. big baggy sock.