Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter?

Re-Tweeting is cool. Bit like DJing.

came across a 0day list of leaked albums a couple of weeks back. first twitter feed of any interest.

i'm on there: dj_zhao

not convinced but gonna see if something good can come out of it.

Like everything , it depends what one uses it for ...
    In revolutions, with old mullahs cutting off cell phones and texting and media corp coverage - it might prove useful.

Quote Originally Posted by polystyle desu View Post
    Like everything , it depends what one uses it for ...
    In revolutions, with old mullahs cutting off cell phones and texting and media corp coverage - it might prove useful.
    twitter's finest hour.

cooly g has stopped following me.

I love how the sort of spontaneous unmeditated nature of "tweeting" (especially if you do it via cell phone) is exposing the lurking psychopathic narcissm and desperate existences of certain celebrities.

I recommend popular singer John Mayer's twitter page. Actually here is some of the best bits.

Hey, it's weird. Know what else is? Two homes. Millions of fans. Getting to be an artist for life. I think I'll jump on the treadmill.
    Ryokan - a traditional japanese hotel. Paper doors. Tatami mats. Garden. Rain. Thunder. Miles Davis. Scotch. Notebook. Soul on 10.
    I love how some dudes hate me for dating their fantasy girl, as if they were going to if I hadn't.
    So you see, though filled with deep emotional voids that can never be filled, Showbiz Types are an important part of our Nation's tapestry.

Shaq's is good too, but only because it is yet another conduit for Shaq's greatness.

ha-ha!

that Mayer one is priceless.

mind you he strikes me as not the nicest fellow, didn't he treat Aniston pretty shabbily by most accounts?

i got on Twitter yesterday purely re Iran (i am under no illusions about a 'twitter revolution' obviously).

i appreciate some people who have e.g. emotional issues might find Twitter a worthy foil to put down seemingly mundane observations that are in fact a conduit/cathartic cover of sorts, for far more serious matters, and i appreciate it's good for musicians, DJs etc (in fact i'm now following Zhao ), but in general i can also see why there is the cynicism.

Blogger and Wordpress etc allow far longer pieces so, analysis, teased-out views, not just the 140 character limit, and at least tumblr allows you to embed photographs and such.

Default 140 chars or less

but all my misgivings cited, i must come down in favour of it.

absurdly inappropriate analogy but Sappho conveyed a lot through near-silence, and Dickinson conveyed a lot through not much more.

OK i can't believe i just (sorta) compared Emily Dickinson to John Mayer: i'll get my coat..

having now read the entire thread i see Nick_G just said everything i said, except far shorter and better with his 'stream-consciousness' shout..

140 character post limits are really goo
    paul.meme
    Out now: Move Down Low VIP on SOUL JAZZ Records SJR225-12
    Out now: Blackdown & Dusk Meet Grievous Angel Uptown: Margins Music Redux (Keysound LDN014)
    Out now: Soundclash1 Remix / Harpy (Keysound LDN011)
    Out now: Ice Rink Refix (Devotional Dubz ERZULIE03)
    Out soon: WOOFAH 4!
    http://blog.grievousangel.net/ | http://www.myspace.com/grievousangelsoundsystem

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    140 character post limits are really goo
    just read your fisk tweet. nice one.

Patrick Dixon is like Polystyle in the futures thread on speed - lots of good info.

thoroughly enjoying African Proverbs.

i need to get some kind of procrastination award!!!!!

Is wiley on twitter? Now that would be worth reading