outraygeous

See everyone hates Zomby but how many people have actually met him?

Logan has been a guy on the forums for ages. Ive never met him but because of all the stuff I have read from him over the years Im kinda used to him.

Anyway, what you write on a forum/twitter is nothing like what happens in real life. Like in my signature says ill finger your mum.

I wont really and ive probably on fingered 1 or 2 mums in my whole life

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I just sent my first tweet and I want confirmation that I didn't make a bollocks of it. Wanted to send a shout to Rinse so typed @RinseFM and my message, put my name in the top bit and pressed send.

*Old person voice* Did I do it right?

Ahahaha.

Paulo link your username and I'll add you.

paolo_1983 :cool:

john eden

male pale and stale
Doesn't look like you tweeted...

Are you on a computer or phone?

You should be logged in either way, so no need to write your name in?

mms

sometimes
twitter just makes me think that communication on the internet has really gone downhill, that whole burroughs idea of language as a virus is what twitter does best, but nothing interesting has ever been said on twitter, lots of distraction and passing whit but its best as a kind of noticeboard, but not that good at that either, does anyone think twitter will evolve into something more interesting or just die off when the next internet concept comes along?

michael

Bring out the vacuum
twitter just makes me think that communication on the internet has really gone downhill, that whole burroughs idea of language as a virus is what twitter does best, but nothing interesting has ever been said on twitter, lots of distraction and passing whit but its best as a kind of noticeboard, but not that good at that either, does anyone think twitter will evolve into something more interesting or just die off when the next internet concept comes along?

I know plenty of people in IT who use it as a means to basically learn new shit about their field - follow other people who are working on similar ideas and who pretty much just link to blog posts / new ideas / things published elsewhere. Strictly business.

I use it to keep track of music stuff from people who aren't nerdy enough to understand RSS feeds and shit.

Plus inane jokes. Shit yeah.

outraygeous

Twitter was cool for last year but it just reading alot of bullshit really.

When did i ever let that happen

soooo i found this site

http://paper.li/

you can aggregate all the people you follow of their links. Its okay. But twitter sucks balls now

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
#ripnandos is trending in London on April fools ....

Twitter is top dog for breaking news, current affairs and giving abuse to people you otherwise couldn't.

john eden

male pale and stale
I go up and down with it but the key seems to be zealous unfollowing of boring people.

Plus I got retweeted by Wiley just now, so I don't care what anyone says. ;)

There's less traffic on blogs and forums now, and I don't want to go on facebook. So twitter will do for now.

I agree that there is less in depth stuff happening, but I think that was the trend anyway: fanzines -> big blog posts -> forums -> myspace/facebook -> twitter.

muser

Twitter was cool for last year but it just reading alot of bullshit really.

was it really ever any good?, I dont get twitter, even most artists tweets (on the whole) seem to be pretty dull. I havnt spent alot of time on it to be honest but pretty much all I can see it offers is some entertaining cyberbeef, and stroking ego's. Its like the egotistical "I AM signficant and important to the (this) world" culture of facebook status updates times a 1000, all part of the growing addiction of spouting menial shit to the world. I find youtube comments more entertaining to be honest.

john eden

male pale and stale
was it really ever any good?, I dont get twitter, even most artists tweets (on the whole) seem to be pretty dull. I havnt spent alot of time on it to be honest but pretty much all I can see it offers is some entertaining cyberbeef, and stroking ego's. Its like the egotistical "I AM signficant and important to the (this) world" culture of facebook status updates times a 1000, all part of the growing addiction of spouting menial shit to the world. I find youtube comments more entertaining to be honest.

following artists on there is by and large a complete waste of time. I stuck all my grime stuff and most of the reggae stuff onto lists and removed them from my main feed. Much much better.

Now my feed is a collection of interesting writers, activists, mates and random stuff. Basically people who aren't trying to sell me things every 5 minutes or talk about how they like their hamburgers.

john eden

male pale and stale
Havnig said that, history shows that my acceptance of something generally means it is about to come to the end of its usefulness.