Things You've Always Wanted To Know

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
I think FWD is having this break because of Plastic People's licence.
Yeah, I was wondering about this. I just realized that I've not been clubbing in ages, and I think it's because FWD was such a default option that in its absence I'm at a bit of a loss...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yeah, I was wondering about this. I just realized that I've not been clubbing in ages, and I think it's because FWD was such a default option that in its absence I'm at a bit of a loss...

totally go with this - PP is a way better club than most, too

mrfaucet

The Ideas Train
my guess: most people aren't "into music" (certainly not the way we are, anyway), and have no real interest in knowing what's new or hearing songs they don't know. they use the radio as background and are only interested in hearing songs they do know.

kinda like the way i use television: i have no idea what new sitcoms or cop shows have debuted this year and not really interested in spending the time/effort to learn, but i will occasionally be happy to watch a re-run episode of "law & order" or whatever.

I think your right about this as a general criteria for song selection. I just can't get my head round why they specifically chose Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus and not only that but chose to play it most days.

what's happening with their license?

Think it's just that they don't have the right one for a Sunday at the moment.

Leo

I think your right about this as a general criteria for song selection. I just can't get my head round why they specifically chose Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus and not only that but chose to play it most days.

yeah, it is weird why a certain song is selected over hundreds of other similarly banal choices. maybe it's payola, does that still exist in radioland?