current kids films thread

mos dan

fact music
'nuke the fridge', brilliant.

i finally saw kung-fu panda the other day, first ten minutes had me in stitches, so good. it worries me a tad that since university i've totally stopped watching the likes of godard and kurosawa and instead, all i ever seem to want to watch these days are animated films about wise-cracking wild animals.

but i do. so, madagascar then? not seen that one :D

Pestario

tell your friends
I can I get a shout for
B00005JNX0.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
?

:D

Here's a half shout.

I thought it was alright, nothing special apart from the character-on-drugs-comedy-relief
Lemur King guy. He had the best lines (hoho) by far

john eden

male pale and stale
Coraline gets a thumbs up from me, tho not for very young kids.

Has a very dark, Tim Burton-esque undercurrent. :cool:

D

droid

'Where the wild things are' looks ace.

'My Neighbour Totoro' is the best kids film ever. See also - 'Kiki's delivery service' and 'The cat returns'.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
^ yes all that miyazaki/studio ghibli stuff is great
can't wait til my lil nipper is ready for that stuff
she just started looking over at the television---the colors of the original star trek series seems to appeal to her infant sensibilities

nochexxx

harco pronting
condorman is one of my all time favs.

lines such as "that's the way i create, they'll know if i fake it!" makes it more than a children’s film imo. also has a young oliver reed playing a russian baddie. the accent has to be heard to be believed.

2850.imgcache

Benny Bunter

I can highly recommend 'Aliens vs Monsters' if thats still on at the pictures. I thought it was hilarious, far, far better than 'madagascar' anyday.

Looking forward to Coraline, the trailer looked great.

Octopus?

"Monsters vs. Aliens" was a lot of fun, apart from the awe-inspiringly unfunny Stephen Colbert president character. Really quite enjoyed it otherwise.

"Coraline" was fantastic...really looking forward to "Up" as well.

My daughter's a huge animation fan, so we can usually bypass the most dire of current childrens films (the "Hotel for Dogs" axis), although we had to very deliberately keep her away from ads for "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" for fear that her love of small animals might take over.

She's beyond excited for "Astro Boy", having devoured both original series. I am as well, but reservedly so. :)