you couldn't make it up news stories

IdleRich

IdleRich
That's fantastic.
Once I heard a story (possibly on the radio) about (if I remember correctly) a greedy estate agent who somehow sold a house to two families. The families were to move in on the same day and he realised that he would be caught out and he would be fired. However, no complaint arrived at the office and he wondered what was going on so he went down to the house to investigate. He discovered (I forget how) that by a series of incredible coincidences the two families somehow always missed each other and members of one family would always be leaving a room through one door as a member of the other family entered through another and vice versa so basically they were peacefully cohabititing without being aware of each other's existence. The estate agent was slowly driven mad by the knowledge that eventually there would be bound to be a collision and he would be discovered. That's not a true story by the way in case anyone is wondering but does anyone know who wrote it?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Heh, it did sound a little too unlikely to be true - but rather than be totally unaware, surely they'd notice things like objects arriving and being moved, appliances being turned on and off...so each family could think they were sharing with a family of 'ghosts', a la The Others.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah, I liked it, I suspect that it was told better than in my rendering. It's certainly got a nice absurdist kind of feel to it.