Euro 2008 - we support our local team

don_quixote

Trent End
he got skinned time after time after time by kazim kazim and sabri. just some pitiful defending by him... he actually cannot defend... the amount of free crosses turkey had down the right hand side, if only they had a striker with some height! both turkeys goals were scored with crosses from the right, kazim hit the bar from his awful defending.

don_quixote

Trent End
admittedly this is the first time i've properly watched germany this tournament, but that rolfe is just hilariously bad, the defenders can't pass, lahm, i've talked about, and podolski and klose are AVERAGE. schweinsteiger is their only good player. ballack didn't really impress either...

how the hell did portugal lose to them? cristiano ronaldo should have destroyed that defence. turkey battered them with their reserve striker and someone who has spent most of his playing career in the english lower leagues. i'm baffled!

hucks

Your Message Here
There's a big festival of Spanish food going on in the Truman Brewery/ Brick Lane today, so I should think the Vibe Bar will be pretty Spanish tonight. There's always loads of Spaniards in Brick Lane anyhow...

crackerjack

I thank you. Can't remember a more one sided final...

Lehman played well, Ballack and Frings were OK and Schweinsteiger played like the sub he used to be. The rest of the German team were total pish. Props to them for even reaching the quarters, let alone the final. Spain could and should have won by five.

Amidst all the pro-Spanish bckslapping on the Beb I was impressed by the lone dissenter, Desailly, who said they should've been playing ith two upfront and a less crowded midfield - there was a 10-min stretch in the 2nd half when Germany got a hold of the ball in the middle and looked like getting back into it. Luckily, when it came to actually creating a chance their utter cackness shone through. Gawd bless 'em, 150 much needed £s for me.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Fair enough, I think they were pretty clearly the best side in the tournament and they did deserve it. I only caught the last third of the match and when I walked in to the pub Germany had a spell for about ten minutes where Spain couldn't get the ball and only the inability to deliver a decent cross was between Germany and an equalizer. I thought, blimey, they have to score if it carries on like this - but it didn't and I guess that must have been the best moments Germany had in the whole game.

mos dan

fact music
this has been such a good tournament that there must be some kind of four hour higlights package on, right? right??? i will be gutted if not. please post if you hear tell of any such tv programme, watching football clips on the internet is still a dishearteningly pixellated experience.