Stabbing world

polystyle

Uh huh
Somewhere in addition to media Stabbing Frenzy - RIP Robert Knox -
my account of being stabbed in the 'Breathing' thread in Misc (not fun !) -
comes today's wild stabbing -crashing in Akihabara Tokyo.
Usually where one goes for tiny toys, gadgets, manga and
a flow of Goth Lolita -rocker -nerd otaku types crowding the warrens, Gamestores, eateries,
cosplay coffeshops and sidewalks turned deadly today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/09/world/asia/09japan.html?ref=world

'Tired of your life' ? - man (it is usually men), just do yourself and spare the rest of us the death and drama.

zhao

there are no accidents
on CNN they said the man wildly attacked people with a knife "while growling and grunting", after plowing into a crowd with a truck.

something out of one of those Jap horror flicks innit. Cure by Kurosawa comes to mind...

polystyle

http://www.nysun.com/foreign/7-dead-in-tokyo-stabbing-spree/79505/
The guy is 25, reportedly an 'otaku' type ( into computers, games, online , haven't heard the details what this guy was into in particular) -
but in this case alluding to a ' I hate this world' - me against this world -I don't care who I kill' mindset.
Known as a quiet worker at car factory, painting car bodies and living at workers dorm.
Found that his uniform was not in his locker, took that to mean he was going to be let go at work and shouted something like '"*uck you".
Looks like this was the trigger.
A neighbor said he was doing some sort of domestic violence to his mother.
He went to Akihabara once before his attack to sell software to have money to buy knives.
Two days before his attack he drove to Fukui ( not very close by, went out of his way ) and bought daggers and survival knife at military shop.
Was writing in to cellphone bulletin board " I bought knives' - 'I want to kill people' - ' Today's the day' -
'I'm going to Akihabara now ' and - ' I arrive now'.

It appears there are also some other cases of people stabbing in Japan.
A 16 year old stabbing others , a 24 year old stabbing six in another case.
Also other's writing in to websites with similar messages.

Incidentally , a Japanese TV report just mentioned techniques used in the UK for stopping this kind of attacks before they happen,
by trying to respond to messages that may be a warning of a future attack.

There was a case here of two guy in traffic by the tunnel to New Jersey where one guy pulled a blade -and another pulled a machete.
but it didn't come to blows and both were arrested on the other side of the tunnel.
This sounds more like two guys road rage incident.

Maybe the heat's bringing 'em out ?
It suddenly got to 97F here over the weekend and hot again today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
the world clearly needs more girlfriends

did that sound prickly? i hope not, it wasn't intended to.

zhao

there are no accidents
the world clearly needs

the world clearly needs to stop replacing basic things humans need to survive (such as love) with unsatisfying and soul destroying substitutes.

the world clearly needs to stop compartmentalizing human life in fragmented and schizophrenic fashion.

the world clearly needs to stop isolating individuals and depriving them of their freedom -- what humans crave most are 2 things: connectedness and autonomy. in modern industrial society citizens have neither (compared to band level societies such as the Dobe who have both).

etc.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
what humans crave most are 2 things: connectedness and autonomy.
You could say that in some ways stabbing someone might be a twisted reflection of the impulse to achieve those things.

Using knives and guns is sickening and cowardly though. In the absence of being able to reduce incidents of violence perhaps we could have a return to more honourable values. A celebrity backed campaign to make the use of empty hands more appealing maybe - could get John Prescott and Bjork on board for starters.

zhao

there are no accidents
You could say that in some ways stabbing someone might be a twisted reflection of the impulse to achieve those things.

keen!

Using knives and guns is sickening and cowardly though. In the absence of being able to reduce incidents of violence perhaps we could have a return to more honourable values. A celebrity backed campaign to make the use of empty hands more appealing maybe - could get John Prescott and Bjork on board for starters.

fuck that shit. i say grenade launchers.