Actioning a blue-skies approach outside the box

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Tyrion Lannister said "going forwards" to mean "in the future" in the most recent GoT episode. :eek:

john eden

male pale and stale
We've got a new senior person at work...

"We need to engineer robust strategic discussions and output the learnings"

It's been 6 months now and it is very difficult to get beyond the business facade. I get these documents to read and I just glaze over, it's mad. Also a complete lack of self-deprecation as if it is unprofessional to admit to any kind of weakness even to your closest colleagues. Robot stuff.

They are very ambitious though so perhaps that's what you need to get on now, I don't fucking know.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
I got an email today notifying me of the existence of a product that "makes it easy to track the compliance posture of your production environment." I was a bit confused by that, but apparently once I've got it I'll be able to "continuously check the configurations of cloud resources and workloads, detect drift from critical compliance controls, and prioritize and remediate potential misconfigurations".

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I got an email today notifying me of the existence of a product that "makes it easy to track the compliance posture of your production environment." I was a bit confused by that, but apparently once I've got it I'll be able to "continuously check the configurations of cloud resources and workloads, detect drift from critical compliance controls, and prioritize and remediate potential misconfigurations".
Basically it tells you when something is going wrong, then.

Who was it said ages ago in this thread that so much of this crap is about making actually fairly simple and mundane things sound frightfully complex and exciting, in order to make the person talking about them sound intelligent and knowledgeable? I think that's spot on. My brother has had some really great ones from clients in the marketing industry over the years, which is hardly surprising given that their entire raison d'etre is to make things sound exciting and interesting. He said he'd have meetings with these guys who'd drone on for ten minutes about having "real-time dynamic optics on customer flowthrough and engagement" or whatever, and then he'd say "So what you want is a counter telling you how many people visited your website in the last 24 hours, and how many of those then bought your product, right?", and they'd think for a sec and say "Uh, yeah! You could put it like that!"

Last edited:

luka

compliance posture is good. nicking that. like those positions the police put people in, choke holds and that, ju-jitsu submissions

sufi

lala
“I’m struggling to match my values to my employment here.
I came here hoping to affect change and improve society, but
all I’ve seen is atrophy and abdication of responsibility. I’m
tired of platitudes; I want action items. We’re not a neutral entity.”