Actioning a blue-skies approach outside the box

Lichen

More :poop::

As such, organisational Purpose must fill big shoes in today’s business environment by guiding the high-level creation of value and ability to meet business objectives, but also to answer the key questions of consumers and other stakeholders: ‘Why choose you?’, ‘What do you stand for?’, ‘Are you sustainability-minded and do I agree with your values?’

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Decent resource found when I was looking for internet confirmation that the phrase 'human resources' really does sound like something the Nazis made up:

https://unspeak.submarinechannel.com/dictionary/human_resources

Yep, I've always found that one particularly bizarre.

The one I can't get my head around is how 'personnel' has been replaced by 'human resources'. I mean, is it meant to sound more fluffy and humane or something? To me it has more of an alien-overlord-assessing-the-puny-fleshlings-of-Earth-as-a-potential-source-of-amino-acids ring to it.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
It's such a grim phrase. Working our way through the human resources to increase productivity. Fill that pit with the human resources.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I heard a colleague yesterday use the phrase "deep dive".

Now I'm sorry, but if you're expecting me not to mentally insert the word "muff" then you're onto a loser.

Leo

saw this bio at the end of an article:

Arya Davachi is a Los Angeles-based immersive theater maker, writer and culture curator at TBWA\Chiat\Day L.A., where he is tasked with creating a space where employees can find creative inspiration and unify as a community.

Leo

not uncommon to occasionally have a soft Brexit when you get older. there are pills for that.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Is there a better phrase to see when you check your Outlook calendar than
"Cancelled: Product Leadership Working Group"

other_life

bioconfused
tumblr_mh338rgFAz1s35gwao1_1280.png
pop deleuzianism.

Leo

hmm, could have sworn I discovered this site after you posted a link to a post there, oh well.

I've done #4 ("nod continuously while pretending to take notes"). #8 ("ask the presenter to go back a slide") is genius, would totally make everyone believe you're paying more attention than they are and thinking so deeply about each point that you're still contemplating while they've all moved on.

the biggest dick move has to be #3 ("encourage everyone to 'take a step back' "), particularly when it's extended as the fucking infuriating "let's take a step back and look at the big picture"*. fuck you, "big picture" guy, we don't need you to tell us to keep the big picture in mind, we're already doing that, thank you. and your proclaimed concern about the "big picture" is just a cop out to try and elevate yourself above the worry of how to actually do what's required. you can't be fucking bothered with the small stuff of how shit actually gets done because you're above such inconsequential issues, you just smugly delegate those petty matters to the utterly replaceable peons below your level of intelligence (aka, everyone else).

fuck you, "big picture" guy!

* partly inspired by https://www.campaignlive.com/article/no-lets-not-step-back/1434617

Last edited: