Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitchfork reviews Run the Road

Default Pitchfork reviews Run the Road

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record...the-road.shtml

And they love it!

Does this matter? I mean they give it a 9.1 but does anyone read pitchfork who wouldn't have heard of this anyway?

not trolling per se but who exactly reads pitchfork?

and (ontologically speaking) what is pitchfork?

well thats good news for all you london grime heads.

now when you want to sell all of your grime white label shit in 5 years you can retire because armies of american indie kids will be trying to catch up on culture they had previously missed out on.

Like the dollar is gonna be strong enough in five years time for Americans to be able to afford to buy anything haha.

The vast majority of pfork readers have never heard anything other than "Boy In Da Corner."

A shot in the dark here but pfork's audience is probably primarily college-age middle and upper-middle class white ppls from the united states.

Probably not. But don't underestimate the influence that can have... I mean, not being from London, it was Vice MAg that got me to listen to Dizzee, so we can all come from strange places.

Oh I'm not disparaging anyone from discovering music through it; I think pfork's been doing a good job lately, particularly w/ scott p. in the managing editor spot. They need to come around to jamaican music tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan17
    well thats good news for all you london grime heads.

now when you want to sell all of your grime white label shit in 5 years you can retire because armies of american indie kids will be trying to catch up on culture they had previously missed out on.
    This is so on the money. Look at the way prices for early 90s old school and jungle stuff shot through the roof on eBay after Tigerbeat started popularising it for the indie crowd. Probably not that many of 'em will buy it now, but in 5-6 years time there'll be a revival...

I've been saying that for 3 years:

in the same way that many fans of aphex twin and some "breakcore" artists are now frantically searching out old (drill'n'bass inspiring?) jungle and ragga-jungle cut-up amen 12"s that sound like early squarepusher for "big money" on ebay (when they would have turned their nose up at the time) - i guarantee that these records are the dj's collectable items of the future - you start checking out the uk garage tracks in your local shop - or if you're too far from london on an online store...

http://www.absorb.org/articles/ukgarage/index.html

Default future?

what about right now? it is tough to find any grime in the us besides the stuff on xl and the two comps. so if any of you want to part with your white labels early let me know. please!