Brooker on 9/11 conspiracies

john eden

male pale and stale
Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

Oh no, I just like the dogs, John. The fleas are terrible, we all agree on that.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I humbly suggest that Holocaust-denial isn't exactly off-topic when you're already talking about antisemitism and conspiracy theories.

luka

Yeah, I remember. One of the worst moments on the forum.

Id suggest that in a time of rampant fascism, sympathetic discussion of right wing theories is bad news, to put it mildly.

But only patty is sympathetic. Everyone else, including Sufi, have made it clear that they are unsympathetic.

luka

But patty and Sufi said they want to talk about it and feel it's wrong to try and stop them.

luka

So In my opinion, talk about it then. Dunno what they want to say but let's find out.

luka

Patty can say he thinks they run the world and we can say we think they probably don't.

sufi

lala
probably better delete this, not speak up, be cowed
i'm feeling regretful that i bothered with those heartfelt thoughtful posts, just to get hit back with a buncn of snide snipey oneliners.
still love you all though :love:

droid

I wasnt referring to Sufi, but I would suggest that there are, unfortunately plenty of other places online where this things can be discussed, and personally, such discussions are not something I want to be associated with, even peripherally.

Last edited:

luka

i'm feeling regretful that i bothered with those heartfelt thoughtful posts, just to get hit back with a buncn of snide snipey oneliners.
still love you all though :love:

You deserved better but you know how it goes.

john eden

male pale and stale
I want referring to Sufi, but I would suggest that there are, unfortunately plenty of other places online where this things can be discussed, and personally, such discussions are not something I want to be associated with, even peripherally.

Yeah I should add that I’m not inviting links from “the other side” for a “balanced debate”. I won’t read them.

droid

And TBH, I dont have any time for free speech faux martyrdom. Ive been accused of antisemitism hundreds of times for criticising Israel - several times on this very forum. I am technically banned from entering Israel because of involvement with a Palestinian activist group. Ive had a major media organisation contact my employers and try to get me fired due to my criticism of their reporting on Israel.

Thats what actual suppression of speech looks like.