Worst Film You've Ever Seen

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
I think that there ought to be a special category for films that everyone rates... I would add Lost In Translation (boring film about some hateful boring wankers)

For me, Lost In Translation goes in the catagory of 'Films you saw on a date and subsequently got laid party as a result of, and therefore probably remember more fondly than you otherwise would'. I didn't think it was too bad, but my mind was elsewhere...

Magnolia has got some really outstanding acting in, but the film itself is a total mess.

@vimothy: I think it's the overratedness that's interesting. There are too many blatently shit films that everyone knows are shit to pass comment on. I saw The Island recently which is a totally awful science fiction film with Ewan Macgregor in it. I knew within 30 seconds of it starting that it would be shit, and lo, it was.

As I've documented at length elsewhere on here, I thought Control was rubbish

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Actually, just to go on about this at unnecessary length, I think the sense of being let down might stem at least in part from how the film does a really good job of holding out the promise of delivering on this great cosmic mystery. The end is honest though in that he ends up burnt out from pursuing his quest beyond the advice of his mentor figure, so it's kind of an Icarus parable. I liked the use of music as well - 'Kalpol Introl' off the first Autchre album and 'A Low Frequency Inversion Field' by Spacetime Continuum which is playing as he inspects the Ammonite spiral on the beach."
Well, you obviously remember this film a lot better than me, although, I concur, the music was good. I simply thought a premise that sounded so great on paper was wasted.

"For me, Lost In Translation goes in the catagory of 'Films you saw on a date and subsequently got laid party as a result of, and therefore probably remember more fondly than you otherwise would'. I didn't think it was too bad, but my mind was elsewhere..."
Fairly small category for me that one.

"I saw The Island recently which is a totally awful science fiction film with Ewan Macgregor in it. I knew within 30 seconds of it starting that it would be shit, and lo, it was."
I have to say that this wasn't as bad as I feared it would be, until all the cgi action bits kicked in I thought it was ok if you could ignore the acting - although it's such an unbelievable rip-off of Parts: The Clonus Horror - I think they actually had to pay them a load of money didn't they? I certainly hope so.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Actually, Leprechaun in The Hood is really, really, really bad, and not bad meaning good either, unfortunately. I had high hopes.

CHAOTROPIC

on account
The remake of 'The Wicker Man', which I saw in the cinema on its UK premiere. Even <i>scaphism</i> would be too good for the people involved.

Oh, & about 99% of the power-fantasy overblown anime 'masterpieces' people have made me sit through over the years, like, I dunno, 'Ghost in the Shell', where profundity seems to mean a robot woman with microscopic circular tits spouting soggy sub Waking Life philosophical obviousnesses in a badly dubbed monotone before exploding in grotesque slow motion.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"The remake of 'The Wicker Man', which I saw in the cinema on its UK premiere."
Why did you do that? You must have known, I don't have much sympathy I'm afraid.

"Oh, & about 99% of the power-fantasy overblown anime 'masterpieces' people have made me sit through over the years,"
I know the feeling actually, these always seem to annoy me and add up to less than was promised - maybe I'm missing something.

vimothy

yurp
The remake of 'The Wicker Man', which I saw in the cinema on its UK premiere. Even <i>scaphism</i> would be too good for the people involved.

Ah, i'd forgotten about remakes!

The remake of War of the Worlds has to be one of the worst things I've ever seen. No sign of a plot anywhere, just a string of special effects and Tom bastarding Cruise in every scene.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Well, you obviously remember this film a lot better than me, although, I concur, the music was good. I simply thought a premise that sounded so great on paper was wasted.
Meh, I kind of think of it as an extended music video, which it's quite good at.

The worst film I've seen lately was The Foreigner with Steven Seagal - this is shit by the standards of second tier Seagal films - even Under Seige 2 had some entertainment value and some good fights, whereas The Foreigner tried to be some kind of slick xXx style euro-spy thing and just falls on its face, while still being just too efficient to become so bad it's funny.

I hated K19 - The Widowmaker, too, although that might just be my hatred for Harrison Ford in anything except Indiana Jones or Star Wars coming through.

nochexxx

harco pronting
worst films you never seen

perhaps there should be a thread 'worst films you've never seen'!?

without wishing to come even closer to dissensus hari-kiri i was wondering if there was anyone else out there who has tried and failed to watch the god father because of marlon brandos sucky accent?

Pestario

tell your friends
It could all be hypothetical: The worst movie you've never seen exists in multiple dimensions in another universe and when it screens it breaks the bonds of electromagnetism thereby destroying all matter. 1 star.

pier48

Pier48
Savage Grace............apart from the scene where Juliette Moore tugs off her son, the rest was a complete waste of my time

Octopus?

everybody knows guy ritchie's revolver is the worse film ever ever made.

Is it at least comically bad? I have a screening copy here and don't know whether it will be a complete waste of time or not.

My nomination -> Van Sant's "Elephant". I'd say "Last Days" but I was smart enough to turn that one off 15 minutes in.

luka

i think it's called the new world. its about pochahontas and has that irishman in it. thats comfortbaly the worst thing ive ever sat through.

Octopus?

i think it's called the new world. its about pochahontas and has that irishman in it. thats comfortbaly the worst thing ive ever sat through.

I'd like to amend my vote in total agreement with the above statement.

2 and a half bloody hours of my life down the tubes.