Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Batman

I really hated "the Batman Voice" in Begins but got into it this time. I guess because in this one I really got the impression that Batman is a lunatic and so it made sense that he would talk like that. Before I was questioning why Christian Bale thought Batman would sound like that, like did he think it was cool or something? But then this time it just seemed more like Bruce Wayne is some crazy rich guy that everyone kind of tolerates or helps because the overall result is better for Gotham than if he wasn't there. I figured that's why Gordan has that speech about results too. The fights with Joker really brought it out too for me, like these are not normal people by any stretch, him in his dress pants, Batman in his brand new body armour. Maybe that's a result of the whole realistic approach to super heroes, in the Clooney one (haha) I never gave any thought to why he would do anything, he was just Batman, so obviously he's gonna do it, so I could be misinterpreting their intentions but that doesn't really make any difference. It was a strange film anyway, but I really liked it.

I noticed the anti-chinese vibe too and thought it was strange, especially considering they filmed in HK.

actually i was going to post and make some of the same points you just did. saw it last night at the imax and it made more sense in a way, it was just so massive and overwhelming that i started to look at it as more unreal than i did when i saw it last week. still dont think its the best film ever of course but its really good for what it is, even if it has a few more narrative threads than are maybe necessary. watching it a second time there were quite a few things i didnt catch the first time.

anti chinese?? there just happened to be a seedy chinese corporation involved...

Quote Originally Posted by lazybones View Post
    anti chinese?? there just happened to be a seedy chinese corporation involved...
    That's what I thought - did we miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    Always liked Batman & Dr Fate. Did have some Spiderman pyjamas though that were pretty rad.
    my youngest son has a pair of those. he sometimes insists on wearing them out, but once i made the mistake of addressing him as spiderman. identity is very important, if a somewhat confusing concept, to a four year old. "i'm NOT spiderman" and then getting really upset. i thought all kids wanted to be a superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    Just been reading about this - nuts story. What with Heath Ledger the film is obviously cursed.

Morgan Freeman in nasty car accident
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7541667.stm

Quote Originally Posted by bassnation View Post
    i'm sorry but its utter nonsense to say that comic book heroes didn't have the odd moment of doubting their own existence, its safe to say the person who wrote that hasn't read marvel comics in any depth whatsoever.
    Please excuse the slight rewind to an earlier part of this thread.

I collected all of these when I was a lad. It was a Marvel UK production and ran to only 17 issues before petering out, but it was in effect the Marvel universe declaring it's own absurdity.
    Hope I've still got them all somewhere cos they're worth 60 each apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    Always liked Batman & Dr Fate.
    YES!!! You just named the only two DC regulars that ever really grabbed me.

I've often thought it was a pity that Fate never really got a properly written arc the way so many other "re-invented" characters have.
    -John

I can't decide whether you're The Joker and Craner's Batman or you're Batman, Barty's Robin and Craner's The Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    you're Batman, Barty's Robin and Craner's The Joker.
    help!

c8c01c08f0db0e4ed7080d1810bfc7a8.jpg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post: