Flying Ant Day

PeteUM

It's all grist
Some ant action up here in the Fens too today. Was just marvelling at their beautiful alien insectoid industry and then the next time I looked a work colleague had poisoned them all.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I seem to have missed it - was in Oxford over the weekend and saw a few big ants that looked like they might have just shed their wings, but didn't see any actually flying. Bugger.

D

droid

FAD Dublin. Just saw them swarming out of a crack in the pavement and taking to the air.

They seem smaller than usual though.

nochexxx

harco pronting
the other evening I returned home to find two nests of hovering ants had invaded my living room. not having any insect killer I opted for the hoover and sucked them up to high heaven. felt quite bad after the extermination. hope I’m not owed some kind of karmic kicking. :slanted:

jenks

thread death
Seems today is flying fake wasp day down here on the seafront - absolutely thousands - taken over the glass lean-to at the back of the house.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Seems today is flying fake wasp day down here on the seafront - absolutely thousands - taken over the glass lean-to at the back of the house.

Hover flies? There was a total plague of them one summer when I was a kid, they were all over the ceiling. My dad ended up just vacuuming them up. More like hoover flies, hyuk hyuk.

jenks

thread death
Is that what they are called - my younger son calls them fake wasps and it's kind of stuck. Just about to get the hoover out as I am the only one tall enough to get them off the ceiling.

I hope they are fake, otherwise they are going to be seriously fucked off with me...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It was yesterday here in the SW. Anyone else spot any? The seagulls were going nuts.