Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: giggs

what happened with giggs' XL deal? its funny how they dont seem to hang on to MCs at that label (i know dizzee managed 3 albums but i think they werent even that keen on the direction of the 3rd one IIRC). be interested to see how far novelist stays there.

Apparently Trident actually called up XL after they signed Giggs and "warned them" about him according to him. They're still distributing his work though so I imagine they're not that affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jeg View Post
    this whole side of skepta really annoys me - from the OG'z to cemetary warriors to wearing my rolex to giggs now, it seems like nothing can get any hype in grime without him insisting on getting involved via proxy.

don't mind me i'm just moaning
    Pulled this up and I'm crying. 2008!!!!!! NOTHING CHANGES.

Y'all on that island are truly lucky to have Giggs, you don't even realize. Much as I can't enjoy a lot of his current stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Boy View Post
    I gave Giggs a chance. Listened to the album once, went back to a few tracks a couple of times after, and finally came to the conclusion that no one (not just us) is going to give a fuck about this guy in 2 years tops. Sort of an endearing aesthetic, but not enough I think to hide for a substantial amount of time that when it comes down to it, this guy is just utter shite.
    Also living for a Big H fanboy saying this.