Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: giggs

Giggs reminds me as a more dexterous Terminator.

hype seems huge on him right now, but it's an odd mix of grime visual imagery and US rap flow/beats...
    Keysound, Rinse, blog etc

Quote Originally Posted by slackk View Post
    Ard Bodied (the one with "Track 9")
    http://rapidshare.com/files/10013191...odied.rar.html

Welcome To Boomsville
    http://rs211.rapidshare.com/files/11...e-2007-ViP.rar

There's a few others but these were easy to find and I can't be arsed upping any myself. Hollowman Meets Blade is alright as well.

There's other good shit out there as well. Only radio I'm aware of is on a pirate in South, 12-2 on a Saturday. I've got no recordings, just stumbled onto it- it's just playing tracks, though, there are no "sets" to speak of.

Others?
    There's Villain, Stanaman, Young Spray, few others. Some of this stuff is alright still.
    you must be talking about Whoa FM (which I happen to also have a show on - no promo)

Check out Big Ryde (Giggs' DJ) on Whoa 90.4fm 12am to Late on Monday nights for the latest from this underground scene

http://www.myspace.com/djbigmuthafuckinryde (most of his top friends are key movers on the scene)

The old myspace also has hot freestyles - http://www.myspace.com/djbigride

A good 1/3 of 'Walk in Da Park' is really, really good, which ain't a bad average these days.

i hated that you tube link at first, but it sure is a grower. really like it now.

Quote Originally Posted by mistersloane View Post
    A good 1/3 of 'Walk in Da Park' is really, really good, which ain't a bad average these days.
    Indeed. Kyzer's is good as well, as is the Young Spray CD as regards the other stuff in this scene.

Default Update

since my last post Big Ryde has defected from Whoa to rival s. London station Genesis - BIG RYDE ON GENESIS FM 91.6-FRI 10PM-12 MIDNITE
    Last edited by dj's dj; 23-08-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: spelling

I'm interested to know what Poisonous Dart makes of this ish... PD?

Quote Originally Posted by fokse vektaire xeven View Post
    PD?
    clearly sleeping on Pecknam. good to see some UK hip hop get some club/street play anyway

finally got round to downloading that ard bodied mixtape, is pretty good, i like it a lot. Know what people mean about us copyism, but I think this stuff stands up better than most other ukhh i've heard.

someone tape that pirate show please

never mind they stream, ill tape it

Gave 'Ard Bodied' a listen this morning, better than I was expecting. Cheers!

just how many rap crews are there from peckham??? just stumbled on this by accident, it's shit but it's got close to 100,000 views.. then there's PDC of course

I haven't yet heard Ard Bodied, but I'm surprised that many people here whose opinions I honour are rating it so highly! Having heard that Spare No One freestlye, I knew in my heart that it was utter shite, but as someone mentioned, that hasn't stopped it being in my head, oppressively, since I heard it. I guess this warrants further investigation on my part.