giggs

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
finally got round to downloading that ard bodied mixtape, is pretty good, i like it a lot. Know what people mean about us copyism, but I think this stuff stands up better than most other ukhh i've heard.

mos dan

fact music
just how many rap crews are there from peckham??? just stumbled on this by accident, it's shit but it's got close to 100,000 views.. then there's PDC of course

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I haven't yet heard Ard Bodied, but I'm surprised that many people here whose opinions I honour are rating it so highly! Having heard that Spare No One freestlye, I knew in my heart that it was utter shite, but as someone mentioned, that hasn't stopped it being in my head, oppressively, since I heard it. I guess this warrants further investigation on my part.

just like to say that I'm still listening to the album and the intro is easy top 5 vocal tracks of the year. shit's hard.

zhao

there are no accidents
i like dood's voice. bit more lower register than most other grime artists i've heard. where are the biggies or even the ODB's of grime?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I quite like his flow/lyrics, it's quite hard getting past the fact he sounds like he's about to fall asleep the whole time, though.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
i like dood's voice. bit more lower register than most other grime artists i've heard. where are the biggies or even the ODB's of grime?

There are a few artists with lower registers, most notably Flow Dan, but there are others who have a bit of bass in their voice! Skepta, Killa P, Godsgift, Footsie to name a few. Not quite as low as Giggs though.

As for grime's Biggie and ODB, I could ask where Hip Hop's Wiley, Trim and D Double E are?

zhao

there are no accidents
As for grime's Biggie and ODB, I could ask where Hip Hop's Wiley, Trim and D Double E are?

point taken. was just thinking a boomin bass growl would be wicked on sumadeez grimey riddims...

yeah gigs not grime proper i guess. cross over potential? most americans are still so closed minded it's embarrassing. how can they keep resisting and not recognize what should be immediately clear as next level urban sound

closing.jpg

not recommending this book... just thought the title apt

Last edited:

Slim

DSF Refugee

Like sickboy said, flowdan for definite, Killa P too, but not so much, Terminator has quite a low voice, although a lot of people might think he is a bit of a joke (personally i love his style, but whatever)

Not remotely grime but spaceape goes about as deep as you can, but that's probably more to do with Kode's audio trickery than his own voice, seems a bit higher live.

Don't really get giggs, haven't heard much, but so far it just sounds dreary, might be because i am used to hearing uk mcs at 140 or whatever, but i'm not really feeling it