Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: giggs

just like to say that I'm still listening to the album and the intro is easy top 5 vocal tracks of the year. shit's hard.

i like dood's voice. bit more lower register than most other grime artists i've heard. where are the biggies or even the ODB's of grime?

I quite like his flow/lyrics, it's quite hard getting past the fact he sounds like he's about to fall asleep the whole time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    i like dood's voice. bit more lower register than most other grime artists i've heard. where are the biggies or even the ODB's of grime?
    There are a few artists with lower registers, most notably Flow Dan, but there are others who have a bit of bass in their voice! Skepta, Killa P, Godsgift, Footsie to name a few. Not quite as low as Giggs though.

As for grime's Biggie and ODB, I could ask where Hip Hop's Wiley, Trim and D Double E are?

Giggs isn't grime though.

giggs is not grime. he is peckham boys though and thats not a joke gang.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Boy View Post

As for grime's Biggie and ODB, I could ask where Hip Hop's Wiley, Trim and D Double E are?
    point taken. was just thinking a boomin bass growl would be wicked on sumadeez grimey riddims...

yeah gigs not grime proper i guess. cross over potential? most americans are still so closed minded it's embarrassing. how can they keep resisting and not recognize what should be immediately clear as next level urban sound

not recommending this book... just thought the title apt
    Last edited by zhao; 11-10-2008 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    Like sickboy said, flowdan for definite, Killa P too, but not so much, Terminator has quite a low voice, although a lot of people might think he is a bit of a joke (personally i love his style, but whatever)

Not remotely grime but spaceape goes about as deep as you can, but that's probably more to do with Kode's audio trickery than his own voice, seems a bit higher live.

Don't really get giggs, haven't heard much, but so far it just sounds dreary, might be because i am used to hearing uk mcs at 140 or whatever, but i'm not really feeling it

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    giggs is not grime. he is peckham boys though and thats not a joke gang.
    Concur. Peckham's no joke though, one of the few places in London I'm legitimately wary of.

Quote Originally Posted by slackk View Post
    Concur. Peckham's no joke though, one of the few places in London I'm legitimately wary of.
    Out of curiosity, what are the others?

edmonton
    old compton street

Zhao, you should read that book, you'd really enjoy it.

ach! is an edmonton boy. i wasn't just talking about the fact that giggs is from peckham though but that he is part of a gang from peckham that is very famous in london.
    i like that giggs album, i think it is better than any grime album ever even though as an mc there are millions of grime mcs who are better than him if you follow me.

if you didn't grow up in london then here is the wikipedia entry!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peckham_Boys

quite interested in the role crime money has in london music.