version

I just had an old (2003) BBC interview with Chomsky on and they used a Burzum tune as part of the soundtrack.

version

Moby's memoir reads like a Bret Easton Ellis novel:

After sex on the damp sheets, we passed out’ – the worst moments from Moby’s memoir - https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...assed-out-the-worst-moments-from-mobys-memoir

“We spent the next few hours having sex and looking into each other’s eyes, and by the time we were done, it was late and most of the people at the party had left. Someone in the living room put on London Calling, but Joe Strummer, who apparently was still there, yelled: ‘Oh, fuck no!’”

After a brief interlude for cocaine, Moby goes in for the pillow talk. “I lay there, smiling and spooning beautiful Becks. As I was falling asleep, I heard Golden Years playing in the other room.

‘Can I tell you something?’ I asked.

‘Please,’ she said sleepily.

‘David Bowie’s my neighbour.’”

version

Listening to Proud Mary in a cab after taking “more than two” Es, Moby bemoans God’s cruelty to that night’s charitable companion, Lauren. “‘Lauren, you are so beautiful,’ I said, and kissed her. ‘But why doesn’t God let us feel like this all the time? … an omnipotent God could give us any resting neurochemical state, so why doesn’t he let us feel like this from the time we’re born until the moment we die?’”

Later in the book, Moby wonders if he is “actually divine” himself (“Maybe I was a new god. A benign god. But a complicated god, with a secular dominion over sweetness and filth,” he goes on).

For now, he and Lauren meet up with Bono, Michael Stipe and Salman Rushdie at the club, and Bono tells Moby he loved the Animal Rights album, and that he loves him. Moby tells Bono he loves him, too. Moby goes back to Lauren’s house to have sex. She has a dog as well. A rottweiler.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Listening to Proud Mary in a cab after taking “more than two” Es, Moby bemoans God’s cruelty to that night’s charitable companion, Lauren. “‘Lauren, you are so beautiful,’ I said, and kissed her. ‘But why doesn’t God let us feel like this all the time? … an omnipotent God could give us any resting neurochemical state, so why doesn’t he let us feel like this from the time we’re born until the moment we die?’”

Later in the book, Moby wonders if he is “actually divine” himself (“Maybe I was a new god. A benign god. But a complicated god, with a secular dominion over sweetness and filth,” he goes on).

For now, he and Lauren meet up with Bono, Michael Stipe and Salman Rushdie at the club, and Bono tells Moby he loved the Animal Rights album, and that he loves him. Moby tells Bono he loves him, too. Moby goes back to Lauren’s house to have sex. She has a dog as well. A rottweiler.

I bet German has a single word meaning 'embarrassment felt on another's behalf'.

IdleRich

IdleRich
You know this Nicolas Jaar video which is filmed at this really horrible looking hipster roof top party in Georgia or something? It's got loads of bored looking people kinda half-heartedly jigging around to his tune. Anyway, I went to meet some friends on the beach the other day and there was this kinda bar with decking outside and a dj playing way too loud music for five pm. It kinda reminded me of the NJ video as I said to my girlfriend... and then he played the song in a case of art imitating life or something. I tried to video it but didn't catch as many of the frugging hipsters as I'd have liked but it made me smile.

Oh I can't put my video up from the party which completely leaves the joke without a punchline. Oh well, as you were.

Edit: here are some pics to give you a flavour

BeachParty1.jpg

BeachParty2.jpg

Last edited:

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
Multiple Gunshot Suicide

Not only does the concept make me chuckle, but this instance makes me convulse with laughing fits: One particular case has been documented from Australia. In February 1995, a man committed suicide on parkland in Canberra. He took a pump action shotgun and shot himself in the chest. The load passed through the chest without hitting a rib, and went out the other side. He then walked fifteen meters, pulled out a pistol and shot himself in the head, once again surviving the shot. After reloading the shotgun, he leaned the shotgun against his throat, and shot his throat and part of his jaw. He then reloaded a final time, walked 200 meters to a hill, sat down on the slope, held the gun against his chest with his hands and operated the trigger with his toes. This shot entered the thoracic cavity and demolished the heart, killing him.

You have to admire this man's determination. Even if he let the wormiest thought possible (suicidal ideation) into his brain, somehow he deserves respect for sheer perseverance.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I concur.
Anyway, seemed very dissensus this... is it an old one? The basic joke is of course but the responses are new to me.

Hayek.jpg