Page 12 of 141 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless But It Makes Me Chuckle to Myself

oh yeah, that's him. i loved that bit in time trumpet where he's talking about how tesco was taking over sweden or something, and they change their slogan from "every little helps" to "we control every aspect of your lives"

The high-energy air drumming from the dude wearing big headphones on the subway this afternoon. I wish I could be unselfconscious enough to totally break out like that.

I think this is a demo pic for a camera or film or something... they've put together a model and a bunch of stuff a pro might photograph. But it sort of comes off like she's won the items in a poker game.
    Last edited by swears; 05-08-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Wow...that photo is like concentrated essence of late-1980s.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Tentative Andy View Post
    The high-energy air drumming from the dude wearing big headphones on the subway this afternoon. I wish I could be unselfconscious enough to totally break out like that.
    Yeah its cool init. I still see a woman sometimes if im on a the bus to work who sings to herself quietly but loadly enough to be heard if your sat near her. Its kinda sweet, i think i might of posted about her in the bless thread.

I have been known to get overexcited at work whilst listening and do a brap brap type of thing lol.

so childish, but emailing the link below to my best mate with a subject line saying 'they published my letter in the Guardian!'.

He said he felt a swell of excitement and pride, before opening the link and realizing it was another stupid joke:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...friends-mother

I like Dan Savage, he's very actively pro Proposition 8, but I especially like his answer to "Now the Other Mom":

No advice for you, NTOM, but plenty of prenatal sympathy for a poor unfortunate fetus who deserves better parents or his very own miscarriage.

I will, however, hold on to your letter. I’m going to forward a copy to every doucheburst who writes in to tell me that gay marriage is wrong because every child deserves a mother and a father. Moms and dads can be great—I had a terrific set, myself—but mix-matched genitals are not enough. Kids need loving, fit, and reasonably sane parents. Having one twatted parent and one pricked parent does not guarantee a happy childhood. —Dan

Woah weird, that same guy writes the same column for one of the free local broadsheets in Toronto too. I didn't realize he was a household name? Sometimes I like him, though he has a tendency to turn everything into a gay issue, even if it's not a gay issue.

* edit: I'm not necessarily saying he did that there, I didn't read that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Boy View Post
    Woah weird, that same guy writes the same column for one of the free local broadsheets in Toronto too. I didn't realize he was a household name? Sometimes I like him, though he has a tendency to turn everything into a gay issue, even if it's not a gay issue.

* edit: I'm not necessarily saying he did that there, I didn't read that one.
    Yes probably true--he's on TV all the time down here, sort of a pundit for teh gays.

Dan Savage is a legend! he's based out of Seattle and his column is originally for the Seattle Stranger, but it is syndicated in loads of good alternative sheets across north America; i know i've read him personally in the Chicago Reader and Portland Mercury and good to hear others enjoy him in NY and T.O.

this is the column about the death of his mother.

"...and a cuddly toy!" (I can't help but think of The Generation Game when seeing this).

If I ever actually get round to doing a club night that photo is gonna be nicked for the flyer.

Jesus, this site is funny:

http://www.dontevenreply.com

This recent entry is one of the best yet:

http://www.dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=59

This simple text-only site has brought me more lulz recently than all the viral-video bullshit in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdisco View Post
    Dan Savage is a legend!
    if she expects a lifetime commitment after posting misleading photos and exchanging text messages and a single weekend of sex, she isn’t just asking to have her heart broken, her heart needs breaking.
    ha!