Page 120 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1944

Thread: Pointless But It Makes Me Chuckle to Myself

Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Fake, but still funny:

Just eaten a largeish bag of those wonderful long, thin white sweets that used to be marketed as pretend cigarettes.
    Except they were generously dusted with icing sugar, so now I and my desk look a bit like this:

Last edited by Mr. Tea; 16-10-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Just eaten a largeish bag of those wonderful long, thin white sweets that used to be marketed as pretend cigarettes.
    Except they were generously dusted with icing sugar, so now I and my desk look a bit like this:

spaceman? those were weird - brittle candy that looked like a cig but... for smoking in space? "spaceman cigarette candy" - what a weird idea

Quote Originally Posted by slowtrain View Post
    spaceman? those were weird - brittle candy that looked like a cig but... for smoking in space? "spaceman cigarette candy" - what a weird idea
    I don't remember them ever being called that in Britain - just a very distant memory of when they had one end coloured red to make it look like a lit tab. This was back in the days before smoking was assigned a position in the moral spectrum somewhere between molesting disabled children and being a neo-Nazi.

I remember when I was a kid visiting my nan in a seaside town and you could buy fake cigarettes that glowed red from joke shops. And fake packs of chewing gum that were like miniature mouse traps.

You don't really get joke shops any more, although I suppose kids now just make do with e-cigarettes and ipads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    I don't remember them ever being called that in Britain - just a very distant memory of when they had one end coloured red to make it look like a lit tab. This was back in the days before smoking was assigned a position in the moral spectrum somewhere between molesting disabled children and being a neo-Nazi.
    Turns that they are just a NZ-only thing. These are the ones:

But they don't have the red anymore apparently.

Boiler Room appoints Joe Muggs as Editor-In-Chief
    http://www.recordoftheday.com/news-a...ditor-in-chief

Default OK everyone, stop what you're doing and pay attention. This is important.

ANNOUNCEMENT: HUMANITY HAS JUST REACHED PEAK FOOD-CUNT

foodcunt.jpg
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 07-12-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Boiler Room appoints Joe Muggs as Editor-In-Chief
    http://www.recordoftheday.com/news-a...ditor-in-chief
    What's funny about that?

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    What's funny about that?
    i remember a time when joe posted here and got a good ribbing about something or other, plus his ted talk was singled out here for its annoying nature.

Oh right. Never saw the TED talk - do you have a link? I always think he seems fairly knowledgeable about music and to be a pretty good journalist. I do have a kind of love/hate relationship with Boiler Room in that it's obviously a really wanky and annoying thing that somehow manages to be quite interesting at the same time. I've never managed to make it through a whole set on youtube but I've looked at loads of them for a few minutes. I've never been to an event though and to be honest I don't think I'd want to.