Page 124 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2015

Thread: Pointless But It Makes Me Chuckle to Myself

There's still time to offer up your own side-splitting or even deadly earnest name for the ship, and beat boaty out of contention.

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    Makes us look like brainless dicks.
    You say that like it's a bad thing...

Seriously though, I love the thoroughly demotic stupidity of it. The fact that it doesn't sound like something a professional comedian would come out with.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

OK. But it's lame.
    I think we're still waiting for your suggestion, which will no doubt combine the charming irreverence of Spike Milligan, the surrealism of Flan O'Brien and the biting postmodern social satire of Chris Morris.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I've said all I have to say on this topic. Carry on.

I've said all I have to say on this topic. Carry on.
    ^Sniffy McSniff-face^

Apparently another suggestion was RRS Science!!!, which I quite like too.

radiohead teases the internet blah blah blah deleted their social profile blah blah blah leading up to the release of their their new blah blah blah. ooooooohhh, a big mysterious build up, what will they do next??!!! oh yes, the drama makes ANY album so much BETTER!!

dear artists: just release your fucking records.

Every time I go to the forum front page I see Prostitution - by Benny B, like it's some fancy new fragrance coming soon to a department store near you.

My brother does very, very high-level web programming for a living. I told him I imagine he looks like this while he's working:

He said yeah, prih much.

A classic from the archives http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10465457

Lord Mayor of Leicester apologises for trouser drop

Leicester's lord mayor has apologised after his trousers fell down during an educational event for schoolchildren.

My name for the Boaty boat would have been Tit-tanic.

LOLZ

A Plagiarism Scandal Is Unfolding In The Crossword World

A group of eagle-eyed puzzlers, using digital tools, has uncovered a pattern of copying in the professional crossword-puzzle world that has led to accusations of plagiarism and false identity.

Since 1999, Timothy Parker, editor of one of the nationís most widely syndicated crosswords, has edited more than 60 individual puzzles that copy elements from New York Times puzzles, often with pseudonyms for bylines, a new database has helped reveal. The puzzles in question repeated themes, answers, grids and clues from Times puzzles published years earlier. Hundreds more of the puzzles edited by Parker are nearly verbatim copies of previous puzzles that Parker also edited. Most of those have been republished under fake author names.
    is nothing sacred?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...ossword-world/

The BBC asked people what their most boring job was...

This response made me laugh out loud:

Slicing 50lb (23kg) slabs of cheese into four parts, in a room with white walls, harsh fluorescent lights, no windows and no radio... At break one day, I asked someone what had happened to my predecessor and was told that he'd picked up a slab of cheese and thrown it at the wall and nobody had seen him since. He'd been there for three months, so obviously a man of Olympic determination - I lasted around nine days. Rob, North-west UK