william_kent

This is such an amazing hoax it almost deserves its own thread. Some jokers hijacked a TV transmitter in Hampshire in the 70s and used it to broadcast an audio message claiming to be from the "Ashtar Galactic Council", bringing humanity a message of cosmic peace in the Age of Aquarius, for six minutes. Best part is, nobody knows whodunit to this day.

Something very Belbury Poly about the whole thing.
I'm surprised no one has ventured "a breakthrough in sound" as a title for the mooted Dissensus Raw compilation...

boxedjoy

Fucking LEGEND.

I don't know about this one tbh, it's hard enough to speak out when you feel uncomfortable around something without the intrinsic dynamics of authority and power that come with school. We had an art teacher who used to pull out a puppet called Muhammed and do a comedy routine about terrorists (for an all-white West of Scotland class) and I wish at the time I had had the courage to say "actually this is gross and unpleasant." I would have found this really awful if I had been on that trip.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I don't know about this one tbh, it's hard enough to speak out when you feel uncomfortable around something without the intrinsic dynamics of authority and power that come with school. We had an art teacher who used to pull out a puppet called Muhammed and do a comedy routine about terrorists (for an all-white West of Scotland class) and I wish at the time I had had the courage to say "actually this is gross and unpleasant." I would have found this really awful if I had been on that trip.
I was joking, at least partly. I mean he's obviously a complete twat.

But kind of a legend at the same time. They're not mutually exclusive.

version

E0-ANP6-CWUAc-Qqif.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Reminds me of the famous road sign in Wales that said (in Welsh) "I'm out of the office and will reply when I get back. Thanks."