Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
People ringing me at 4:59pm.

Call me a jobsworth, but I really don't think so.

People confusing the 'chuckle to myself' and 'does my head in' threads.

In fact it's as funny as a lot of stuff in the 'chuckle' thread itself.

:D

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
This is both a 'does my head in' and 'chuckle'. It's getting posted in here anyway.

When people ask staff in a shop (well, me in my shop) "Is this all the shoes you have?" or similar. Do they think we have some sort of Aladdin's cave behind our flimsy stockroom door? "Oh here you are kind sir, let me show you the way to our secret treasure trove of garments and footwear which we are holding back from customers during a bloody recession"... Some people are daft. Even dafter than me.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Some of the alleged 'street names' of 'commonly used drugs'. Did you know that cocaine is sometimes called 'Double breasted dealing', 'Foo foo stuff' or 'Speedballs-nose-style'? Or that a drug dealer may offer you cannabis in the guise of 'Wacky Tobaccy' and that 'Orange bandits' and 'Igloo' are common names for ecstasy? My favourite is that well-known street drug alphamethylfentanyl, apparently known to those who know as 'Suck My Wooly Mammoth'.

I suspect a certain amount of jiggery-pokery here - to be honest I'm surprised not to see 'Ponce-on-the-heath', 'Russel dust' and 'Joss Ackland's spunky backpack'.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Some of the alleged 'street names' of 'commonly used drugs'. Did you know that cocaine is sometimes called 'Double breasted dealing', 'Foo foo stuff' or 'Speedballs-nose-style'? Or that a drug dealer may offer you cannabis in the guise of 'Wacky Tobaccy' and that 'Orange bandits' and 'Igloo' are common names for ecstasy? My favourite is that well-known street drug alphamethylfentanyl, apparently known to those who know as 'Suck My Wooly Mammoth'.

I suspect a certain amount of jiggery-pokery here - to be honest I'm surprised not to see 'Ponce-on-the-heath', 'Russel dust' and 'Joss Ackland's spunky backpack'.
See also reeling this sort of stuff off for a middle aged health ed teacher who's asked the class if they know any 'street names' and is trying to give the impression of not being out of touch by solemly nodding and writing down "fadge" and "wonky donky" on the whiteboard....

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape

a few from a packet that was handed out in my EMT (AT, to you guys) course:

Ecstasy - Disco Biscuits
GHB - Georgia Homeboy
Rohypnol (roofies) - Mexican Valium
Cocaine - California Cornflakes

i didn't make any of those up, honest. (tho tbf, they have to hand it out b/c it's part of the mandated curriculum. most of the dudes who teach the class are paramedics with a lot of experience - including dealing w/drugs, addicts, ODs, etc - who know full well how silly it is)

viktorvaughn

a few from a packet that was handed out in my EMT (AT, to you guys) course:

Ecstasy - Disco Biscuits
GHB - Georgia Homeboy
Rohypnol (roofies) - Mexican Valium
Cocaine - California Cornflakes

i didn't make any of those up, honest. (tho tbf, they have to hand it out b/c it's part of the mandated curriculum. most of the dudes who teach the class are paramedics with a lot of experience - including dealing w/drugs, addicts, ODs, etc - who know full well how silly it is)

Disco biscuits is pretty recognised I think in Uk. You hear people calling pills biscuits / sweets / sweeties.