Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Disco biscuits is pretty recognised I think in Uk. You hear people calling pills biscuits / sweets / sweeties.

I like 'beans' as slang for pills. Apart from being small and round, there's the great phrase "full of beans" and the fact that they can both put your lower gut through its paces on occasion.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
'Zoot', 'bifter' and 'doobie' are all good words. 'Comedy cigarette' has a certain charm in the right context, too.

viktorvaughn

Westwood tweeted -

'Just been told there was a 1Xtra Christmas lunch yesterday & I wasn't invited. Devastated - don't know if I'm goin to turn up to work today'

haha

massrock

Amy Goodman on Democracy Now asking Desmond Tutu if he thought Barack Obama would 'follow through' on Copenhagen.

I thought they were supposed to be cutting emissions...

ARCHBISHOP DESMOND TUTU: We hope. We hope he will, yes. He has given the world a great deal of hope. And we—I have said he’s now a Nobel laureate—become what you are. Come on, bye-bye, bye-bye.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Listening to 'She's Lost Control' and imagining it's about a woman who wants to watch some telly but can't find the remote.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Heh, great one-two on the robots there lads. :)

More Joy Division silliness - it struck me the other day that I should get together with a couple of my mates who've both had thorny breakups this year so we can collaborate on writing the bitterest, nastiest anti-ballad ever, called 'Love Will Tear Us A New One'.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Watching Scarface over the holidays and hearing the phrase "Talk to Frank" occur several times in the dialogue. :D

Edit: also, installing Windows 7 - hasta la vista, Vista!

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The key-cutting/shoe repair place next to Dalston Kingsland station that's apparently run by Thee Temple Of Psychic Youth:

nye-2010-008.jpg