Page 141 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2129

Thread: Pointless But It Makes Me Chuckle to Myself

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

Heh. Reminds me of seeing people going nuts on FB or Twitter over some atrocity in a far-flung poor country, or a political scandal closer to home, with all-caps "WHY ISN'T THE MSM COVERING THIS???" and a link to a story about said event - which is invariably on BBC/CNN/NYT/Guardian.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

(some/many) people were always stupid, the internet just made it more visible.

A comic that mocks comedians for exaggerating the state of things by exaggerating the state of things itself. both sides fighting shadows.

the Dave Chapelle thing was excrutiating. Only thing I've seen post-Trump that crystallizes a somewhat coherent political satire without the politics tainting the humour is On Cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by entertainment View Post
    A comic that mocks comedians for exaggerating the state of things by exaggerating the state of things itself. both sides fighting shadows.
    Exaggeration is often a crucial part of comedy, but fair point.

the Dave Chapelle thing was excrutiating.
    I saw a clip or two on YouTube but wasn't really arsed about seeing the full thing. What didn't you like about it?

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    Exaggeration is often a crucial part of comedy, but fair point.

I saw a clip or two on YouTube but wasn't really arsed about seeing the full thing. What didn't you like about it?
    I thought the anti-woke things were really bad. He had a joke about how the alleged victim of Michael Jackson, the little kid, should have proud of the abuse or something. He wasn't seriously suggesting that of course, but the joke was so stupid.

Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

the bathos at the end hahah who the fuck is he

11. The Following User Says Thank You to entertainment For This Useful Post:

Was mildly amused to read that the Scottish town of Doon is suffering a spice crisis.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to IdleRich For This Useful Post:

the bathos at the end hahah who the fuck is he
    Wow - he's actually quite coherent in this, insightful even. It's actually a shock to hear him speaking in complete sentences that make grammatical sense!

What happened between then and now, I wonder?

It was a profoundly weird experience watching that. Was he reading a script or has he been reading one since.

He used to be a lot more measured. Still an arsehole, but a slightly more mellow and coherent arsehole.

When it started I genuinely wondered if it was a deepfake for a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    These four threads listed under my New Posts tab:

Attachment 1309

Looks like someone wanted to kick-start a new counter-culture while high on MDMA but had a severe digestive accident. The single word 'Trump' is somehow the icing on the cake.
    This happened a little while back and made me lol thinking of a first time lurker delving into the politics section and getting a bit of shock, couldn't figure out how to post the image though.

dis.jpg