Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

IdleRich

IdleRich
Been thinking a lot about the double-standard around men and women who sleep with lots of people - this is actually quite relevant to some of the 'humour' earlier in the thread. Everything about it is so horribly one-sided. One guy I know was telling me about how in the town where he grew up there were a man and woman who were both known for a, shall we say, adventurous, sex life - the man had fucked probably thousands of women, two maybe three at times, mother and daughter combos, sisters etc and anal whatever, he was known as a stud; the woman had really done nothing different, been railed by almost every man and boy in the town, sometimes two or three at the time, double-penetratrion, double-anal I guess, sucked countless cocks, but is it any different? Yet while he was given all these laudatory nicknames, seen as a stud, a hero even by some, she was not, she got no celebratory nickname, she was merely referred to as MrTea's mum.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Been thinking a lot about the double-standard around men and women who sleep with lots of people - this is actually quite relevant to some of the 'humour' earlier in the thread. Everything about it is so horribly one-sided. One guy I know was telling me about how in the town where he grew up there were a man and woman who were both known for a, shall we say, adventurous, sex life - the man had fucked probably thousands of women, two maybe three at times, mother and daughter combos, sisters etc and anal whatever, he was known as a stud; the woman had really done nothing different, been railed by almost every man and boy in the town, sometimes two or three at the time, double-penetratrion, double-anal I guess, sucked countless cocks, but is it any different? Yet while he was given all these laudatory nicknames, seen as a stud, a hero even by some, she was not, she got no celebratory nickname, she was merely referred to as MrTea's mum.
Quadruple anal, actually.

IdleRich

IdleRich
350361401_6298421116919276_8398780036558698044_n.jpg

This thread is called "pointless but it makes me chuckle" but that's rather optimistic sadly. Very few of the things here do more than raise a smile - but that one caught me sufficiently by surprise to make me actually laugh. In fairness that's not a criticism of the standard of humour here, I find that I get that with lots of jokes when they are presented as such.

Stand-up comedians are a case in point - I think a lot of people here really hate stand-up but I wouldn't say that's me, I see things on telly or youtube or whatever and I don't hate it, I very often smile a little bit and I think "yeah that was mildly amusing I guess" but I'm never that blown away. Often what they say seems like something you or your mates might say to one another in the pub if you were on that same topic, and that sort of makes me think that the general standard of stand-up comedy is not as high as it should be. If you watch professional sports or something, a big part of the reason that you do it is cos they are so much better than you are, whereas with stand-up it just feels like - as a rule - the people you're watching are not incredibly gifted, they are just the ones who cared enough about it to write out a whole routine and are able to get on stage and deliver it well all the way through without making too many fuck-ups. I guess they do tend to have consistently good delivery and timing which makes a big difference, but I'm not sure it's enough. Just to pick on one unfairly cos I don't think he's particularly different from anyone else, I've seen a few clips of that guy Bill Burr lately and yeah he's good at saying stuff with this kind of whiny angry voice that cuts through and gets your attention and then he pauses in such a way that the audience feels like it has to laugh, and I guess that's a skill of sorts, but they make fucking millions and I feel they should be funnier. When you see Federer play tennis you don't think "if I practised a bit I, or in fact half the people I know, could probably do that" but with virtually every stand-up I've ever seen that thought always crosses my mind. And I find it particularly galling when you look in the comments below and there are hundreds of people saying "wow this guy is a genius" or "this is not comedy this is philosophy" etc etc So yeah, note to comedians - be funnier.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
I just had my manager ask, on a public teams channel, "is Dave back on the wagon again?"

I was off yesterday with food poisoning (blurgh) and it turns out that she's always thought that "back on the wagon" just meant something like "back to normal". She's now trying to work out how many people over the years she's implied are alcoholics.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Note the weird, apparently burnt, hand coming in from the left of the frame. No doubt belongs to a hapless sous-chef after he forced her hand into a deep-fat fryer for fucking up an order.

mixed_biscuits

Stein2.png

Because some under-supervised sub-editor gratuitously called the restaurant's owner a criminal on the front page the day before

Stein1.png