Page 2 of 130 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless But It Makes Me Chuckle to Myself

Quote Originally Posted by STN View Post
    I always laugh when I see horses wearing those little coats.
    Horses are generally quite big though, aren't they? Compared to people, I mean.

Though I guess the coats are quite small compared to the overall horse.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Left-handed tourists on the tube opening the wrong ticket gate with their Oyster.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Left-handed tourists on the tube opening the wrong ticket gate with their Oyster.
    Don't, I was so hungover the other morning that I kept putting my Oyster card through the bit where you're meant to put paper tickets instead of beeping the Oyster on the top bit, and eventually I called out to the guy and the LT guy came over and showed me how to 'work' the Oyster properly. "No, see mate, you do it like this" *beep*. I was sooooo embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by mistersloane View Post
    Don't, I was so hungover the other morning that I kept putting my Oyster card through the bit where you're meant to put paper tickets instead of beeping the Oyster on the top bit, and eventually I called out to the guy and the LT guy came over and showed me how to 'work' the Oyster properly. "No, see mate, you do it like this" *beep*. I was sooooo embarrassed.
    Hahaha, O to tha W to tha N to tha E to tha D!

Quote Originally Posted by STN View Post
    Also, I like seeing headlines about Prince Charles (e.g., 'Prince in GM Crop Row') and imagining they're about Prince.
    Class, I am definitely going to do that from now on.

the tory shadow minister talking excitedly about 'broken britain' on radio 5 is actually called james brokenshire.

what. the. fuck.

have i woken up in a shakespeare play?

Quote Originally Posted by mos dan View Post
    the tory shadow minister talking excitedly about 'broken britain' on radio 5 is actually called james brokenshire.

what. the. fuck.

have i woken up in a shakespeare play?
    or, what. the. fie.

(sorry, I had to get that in before Mr. Tea)

Quote Originally Posted by viktorvaughn View Post
    Class, I am definitely going to do that from now on.

Note that it also works with Parliament rejecting measures; you have to imagine Gordon Brown begging George Clinton for stuff and being told 'no' to the sound of a little horn riff.

A client here at work from the company Therapist's Choice Medical Supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by mistersloane View Post
    Too many times than i'd like to admit, i've stumbled half-asleep to my door at work and tried to buzz myself in with my oystercard. I've even tried to get into my own house with it once.

An advert at a bus stop that said: "Any graduate can become a lawyer. Come and study at [blah blah blah]".

Shortage of personal injury lawyers perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy & Scratchy View Post
    An advert at a bus stop that said: "Any graduate can become a lawyer. Come and study at [blah blah blah]".

Shortage of personal injury lawyers perhaps?
    There was an ad on a bus at Liverpool St last night which said: "Prisoner officers. Go further".

Like fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    There was an ad on a bus at Liverpool St last night which said: "Prisoner officers. Go further".

Like fuck.
    It'd be a hot T-shirt for a leather daddy though.

Where further are they meant to go? Guantanamo Bay?

Quote Originally Posted by BareBones View Post
    Too many times than i'd like to admit, i've stumbled half-asleep to my door at work and tried to buzz myself in with my oystercard. I've even tried to get into my own house with it once.
    I'm terrible with stuff like that: showing my work pass to the train guards and vice versa, sometimes when I'm walking into work I'll get my house keys out for a second.