Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
To reiterate - the recent strike wasn't about pay.

The RMT has argued for a reduction in fares.

It is probably worth pointing out, if not wholly relevant to the counter-argument, that I have been referring to the Toronto Transit Commission and other unions for public servants in Toronto. I don't know jack shit about any union strikes in London.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I always laugh when I'm on the bus to football which goes through Stamford Hill (Jewish part of London) and see that there is a street called The West Bank.

john eden

male pale and stale
This thread gets funnier with every post! :rolleyes:

(sorry John, all good points - though I think it's unfair to assume anyone who isn't 100% behind every TfL strike is necessarily a cheerleader for the free market...)

it's not really about people it's about ideologies for me... it's not a personal thing.

it's good to get all this off my chest :cool:

sickboy, yeah I think I realised youu were coming from a different angle half way through writing the above, but I was in the zone, so I conveniently forgot about it ;)

john eden

male pale and stale
I always laugh when I'm on the bus to football which goes through Stamford Hill (Jewish part of London) and see that there is a street called The West Bank.

yeah there's east bank and west bank - the Hassids are anti-zionist by and large and once burnt an Israeli flag down West Bank, which had a bizarre psychogeographical resonance.

swears

preppy-kei
Fonz-did-911.jpg

"lol"

STN

sou'wester
yeah there's east bank and west bank - the Hassids are anti-zionist by and large and once burnt an Israeli flag down West Bank, which had a bizarre psychogeographical resonance.

I'm not sure that most Haredic Jews are anti-Zionists (some live in Israel), but there are certainly sects which are. Neteuri Karta, who have a house on either my road or the next one, are among the most bonkers.

john eden

male pale and stale
I'm not sure that most Haredic Jews are anti-Zionists (some live in Israel), but there are certainly sects which are. Neteuri Karta, who have a house on either my road or the next one, are among the most bonkers.

yeah I think there is a variation of views - some mild criticisms about Israel not existing until the return of the messiah, outright hostility, not bothered, etc.

Is that house the one with the mad poster in the front window?

IdleRich

IdleRich
"yeah there's east bank and west bank - the Hassids are anti-zionist by and large and once burnt an Israeli flag down West Bank, which had a bizarre psychogeographical resonance."
Wonder if that was deliberate.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
“@pinners: "I have read your website and it is obviously that your a foggot." http://ow.ly/2CGud - The funniest verbal smackdown of a bigot all week”

Oh my days...

Date: Friday 3 September 2010 2.01pm
To: David Thorne
Subject: Re: Yeehaw y'all

She isnt fat you fag. and that she got that tattoo is a teardrop becasue her family is dead.

Date: Friday 3 September 2010 2.06pm
To: George Lewis
Subject: Re: Re: Yeehaw y'all

Did she eat them?

Date: Friday 3 September 2010 7.04pm
Subject: Re: tarded

Ive deleted you from my facebook and reported you. i hope you die of aids fag. Dont bothering emailing me again becasue I wont read it.

Date: Friday 3 September 2010 7.12pm
To: George Lewis
Subject: dneck

Yes you will.

Date: Friday 3 September 2010 7.16pm
Subject: Re: dneck

No I fucking wont fag

:D

Last edited:

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
The man behind 27 B slash 6 (David Thorne) is a genius.
I often inappropriately bust out laughing in an otherwise quietsh office reading his stuff.

STN

sou'wester
in the toilets of the turf tavern in Oxford someone has written 'what would improve Oxford?' to which someone has replied 'less students'. A third party, presumably a student, has crossed out 'less' and written 'fewer'.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
There is some sort of weird flu going round thats making people cough exactly like Killa P(?) at the start of Skeng.