Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
?

What am I missing with the second one?

Everyone's favourite Radovan Karadzic impersonator, and friends:

fatherted460.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I was going to put this in the 'Press Release Hall Of Shame' thread, but it's about an actor rather than a music artist, and from a slate.com review rather than a press release, so it probably belongs here. Anyway, I loved this description of Bollywood star Rajinikanth:

slate.com said:
If a tiger had sex with a tornado and then their tiger-nado baby got married to an earthquake, their offspring would be Rajinikanth

:cool:

zhao

there are no accidents
man i seriously don't know what the fuck is up with this fucking bulldog.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

there has to be a hand out of camera doing it right? RIGHT???

Leo

the GAP retail clothing store announced a new logo last week, the design community blogs/tweets about how it's crap, consumers apparently express horror on FB/social media...and GAP announces today that they are changing the logo back to the previous one.

all i can say is: some people need to get a life. who cares if a company changes their logo? what impact does that have on anyone? will any GAP customers actually say to themselves "well, i like those new jeans but their logo is now in helvetica, so i can't possibly shop there anymore." please tell me people don't care about this sort of thing. please.

slowtrain

the GAP retail clothing store announced a new logo last week, the design community blogs/tweets about how it's crap, consumers apparently express horror on FB/social media...and GAP announces today that they are changing the logo back to the previous one.

all i can say is: some people need to get a life. who cares if a company changes their logo? what impact does that have on anyone? will any GAP customers actually say to themselves "well, i like those new jeans but their logo is now in helvetica, so i can't possibly shop there anymore." please tell me people don't care about this sort of thing. please.

Pretty funny that they changed it back though... I'm sure it wouldn't stop people shopping there though, surely? I can't really believe that either

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
People who wear GAP a lot don't really strike me as the most adventurous or unconventional crowd, I have to say...maybe that's just me being mean because I find the clothes very bland, but on the other hand, if there's really been that much of a furore over the logo that they've changed it back. It's like the 'New Coke' debacle, only over something much less important (to the extend that the taste of a soft drink is 'important').

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
People were over-reacting for sure, but the new logo was seriously bad.

Blimey, I just googled it - you're right, I think it looks like it should adorn the box of some budget office software. :confused: I wonder how much the whole debacle has cost them?

Leo

It's like the 'New Coke' debacle, only over something much less important (to the extend that the taste of a soft drink is 'important').

yeah, but at least that was the actual product that changed. consumers tried it, decided they didn't like the taste and made noise to get rid of it. this isn't even the product, it's the freakin' logo (which, admittedly, looks pretty lame).

btw, design firms typically spend many months and charge tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of dollars to do corporate branding/logo development, so maybe GAP is just pissed that they spent lots of time and money, only to get universally ridiculed.

i get the sense that the power of social media/the blogosphere has turned a lot of companies into a bunch of wimps. either that or company managers have their heads so far up their own asses that they actually think this sort of stuff will impact on their sales.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Oh yeah, I know it costs ridiculous amounts of money - there was outrage here (a good deal of it drummed up by the Daily Mail, in fairness) when the BBC spent something like a million quid on a new logo. I shudder to think what the UK's Olympic Committee spent on the 2012 logo...

swears

preppy-kei
When I was drunk at a party last month, I accidentally set my friends camera's exposure compensation too high while trying to turn the flash on. I was gonna sort it out before I left, but forgot. Just realised now that every photo she's posted to Facebook since looks kinda like:

my-bloody-valentine-isnt-anything.jpg

Client Eastwood

this . . .

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Kind of an easy target, but these couple of priceless snippets from American politics:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

NB - Dissensus Yanks, I do realise that you're not all like this. :)

Last edited: