Page 35 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless But It Makes Me Chuckle to Myself

What I meant was, a hundred years ago workers used industrial action to attempt to protect their livelihoods and incrementally win the legal employment rights we enjoy today, whereas in the case of the RMT these days it seems to be more about protecting a cushy monopoly and indulging Bob Crow's megalomania.

London bus drivers earn considerably less than tube drivers but have a much harder job, how come they never go on strike?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    What I meant was, a hundred years ago workers used industrial action to attempt to protect their livelihoods and incrementally win the legal employment rights we enjoy today, whereas in the case of the RMT these days it seems to be more about protecting a cushy monopoly and indulging Bob Crow's megalomania.

London bus drivers earn considerably less than tube drivers but have a much harder job, how come they never go on strike?
    They don't go on strike as often because they're not organised as well.

The current strike is also about keeping stations safe.

I wish I had someone like Bob Crow and the RMT fighting my corner at work.

Anyway, back to the title of the thread:

I hate Bob Crow and the tube strike idiots. RBS is cutting 1300 jobs ffs, you don't see bankers crying at picket lines! #manup

Hahaha, a bankers' strike, what a wonderful image.

I suppose it's fair enough if there are genuine safety concerns over (Tube) staff cuts, but they've gone on strike for some pretty ridiculous shit before now.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post

Because they are too busy being cunts

^^STILL one of the best threads ever.

I swear I'm not making these up.

I hate tube workers and their strikes. How would they like it if their accountants went on strike and they needed their pay calculated?
    (from a trainee accountant)

You'd probably have to be in NZ right now to get this but....

http://bobparkerengineeredthechchquake.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Awesome View Post

Hahah, this website is brilliant!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Awesome View Post

My god, it's like someone shat their brain into QuarkXPress in 1997!

I find it somehow heartening that people still make websites like that. I was going to ask if people think it's real or a joke, but the dividing line between earnestness and parody for this sort of web-wibble is so blurred as to be practically nonexistent. Time Cube, anyone?

I can't believe someone called "Bob Diamond" is being made CEO of Barclays. He sounds like an Essex gangster from the '80s. Maybe he is?

He presented the Premiership trophy to Chelsea last season, but literally had no idea what was going on. "What is this field?", "Who are all these people?" sort of thing. Although his wikipedia says he's a Chelsea fan, but I can't believe that as he looked like one of the most confused people I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfaucet View Post
    He presented the Premiership trophy to Chelsea last season, but literally had no idea what was going on. "What is this field?", "Who are all these people?" sort of thing. Although his wikipedia says he's a Chelsea fan, but I can't believe that as he looked like one of the most confused people I've ever seen.
    Maybe he just likes the Chelsea area of London. It's the natural habitat of the sort of person who might be made CEO of Barclays, after all.

Nice custom title, btw.

The name Bob Diamond just makes me think he's going to look exactly like Billy Mitchell from The King Of Kong

My experience is that labour unions, especially those surrounding government jobs, are completely out of their minds and do not deserve your sympathy. The fare collectors for the Toronto Subway system can make wages comparable to those of University professors for a job that mainly requires a decent grasp of Grade 3 math. But of course the union still goes on strike and brings the city to a halt, fucking over so many more people who make so much less money at their jobs, and why? Because the mayor told them they can't cash in unused sick days.*

This in the middle of a recession! Like bus drivers, union leaders are cunts.

*Edit: Or some such problem. I think this particular gripe is actually attributable to the strike enforced by the equally greedy unions that preside over the garbage men. The TTC one, I believe, was over a 3% increase in wages as well as some re-negotiating of benefits. As if being paid $100,000 to sleep in a chair and become belligerent when you are woken up is not a benefit in and of itself.
    Last edited by Sick Boy; 07-09-2010 at 04:36 PM.