bandshell

Grand High Witch
tumblr_ljrxfh8yel1qzjg6lo1_500.jpg

Leo

went (reluctantly) to a karaoke place in chinatown (nyc) last night for my cousin's 40th birthday, one of these typical mainstream places where they have all these separate rooms for private parties, and was amazed by what i found in the song selection. thumbing through the song book, amidst the hundreds of pages listing current and past top 40 hits, i actually saw listings for orange juice ("rip it up"), the monochrome set ("jet set junta") and television (incredibly, "marquee moon"!!...can you imagine bumming out the party by selecting a 10+ minute track, 80% of which is taken up by guitar solos!!)

Client Eastwood

Forget buying speaker spikes. Small Lego bricks under shelf speakers absorb all the unwanted bass from vibrating the shelf. Tested the theory with some dubstep and it works a treat. So pleased with the outcome I had a chuckle to myself. Another beer methinks.

bandshell

Grand High Witch
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-13267353

At the Somerset v Glamorgan match, a huge six off spinner Robert Croft caused havoc in the BBC's commentary box.

"He hits it up towards us... and is it going to hit us?" asked a broadcaster live on air, before the inevitable happened.

Broadcasting the clip on 5 live Breakfast on BBC Radio 5 live, sports reader Vassos Alexander said: "Edward Bevan, the commentator, was hit on the back of the head by the cricket ball. But he was fine."

Listen to the audio.