Page 39 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless But It Makes Me Chuckle to Myself

Quote Originally Posted by 4linehaiku View Post
    People were over-reacting for sure, but the new logo was seriously bad.
    Blimey, I just googled it - you're right, I think it looks like it should adorn the box of some budget office software. I wonder how much the whole debacle has cost them?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    It's like the 'New Coke' debacle, only over something much less important (to the extend that the taste of a soft drink is 'important').
    yeah, but at least that was the actual product that changed. consumers tried it, decided they didn't like the taste and made noise to get rid of it. this isn't even the product, it's the freakin' logo (which, admittedly, looks pretty lame).

btw, design firms typically spend many months and charge tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of dollars to do corporate branding/logo development, so maybe GAP is just pissed that they spent lots of time and money, only to get universally ridiculed.

i get the sense that the power of social media/the blogosphere has turned a lot of companies into a bunch of wimps. either that or company managers have their heads so far up their own asses that they actually think this sort of stuff will impact on their sales.

Oh yeah, I know it costs ridiculous amounts of money - there was outrage here (a good deal of it drummed up by the Daily Mail, in fairness) when the BBC spent something like a million quid on a new logo. I shudder to think what the UK's Olympic Committee spent on the 2012 logo...
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

When I was drunk at a party last month, I accidentally set my friends camera's exposure compensation too high while trying to turn the flash on. I was gonna sort it out before I left, but forgot. Just realised now that every photo she's posted to Facebook since looks kinda like:

Pope Benedict is an anagram of Epic Bent Pedo

Quote Originally Posted by Immryr View Post
    Pope Benedict is an anagram of Epic Bent Pedo
    Just heard on the Radio this morning that they have changed Canon Law some how that you can't formally leave the RCC any more.

this . . .

Kind of an easy target, but these couple of priceless snippets from American politics:

NB - Dissensus Yanks, I do realise that you're not all like this.
    Last edited by Tentative Andy; 20-10-2010 at 09:45 PM.

Hypnotic...

Actually brilliant:

Every every one one, carry carry gun gun...

Edit: about time Samuel L. J. got into politics, that guy speaks truth.
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 20-10-2010 at 09:56 PM.

^Haha, feeling the Basil remixes.
    'The rent is too damn high' is just crying out to get sampled on a tune.

http://thequietus.com/articles/05129...s-mumford-sons

The Fall's Mark E Smith was apparently involved in an altercation with dire banjo wielding troupe Mumford & Sons at an Irish festival earlier this year. In an interview with the Australian magazine Brag Smith complained that The Fall's increasing popularity at festivals means they're forced to meet new bands who are often "ass lickers". Even worse, some of them are Mumford & Sons.

"We were playing a festival in Dublin the other week. There was this other group like, warming up in the next sort of chalet, and they were terrible. I said 'shut them cunts up' and they were still warming up, so I threw a bottle at them. The bands said 'that's the Sons of Mumford' or something, 'they're number five in charts!' I just thought they were a load of retarded Irish folk singers."

Love the way that no matter where an event is on in Ireland, somehow it manages to end up back in Dublin when the reviews are written.

My workplace is being visited on Monday by HRH the Duke of York. We just got an email about it:

Protocol
    If you meet the Duke, men should give a short bow, women a bob-curtesy. Do not offer your hand, though if the Duke offers his (he probably will), then shake. Refer to him as "Sir" - not "Your Highness" or "Your Grace".
    The dress code is "suit" - I think at the least that means a tie for men.
    Still time for me to rustle up a mohawk, safety pin and Pistols 'God Save The Queen' T-shirt, I reckon...