Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
whcubp.jpg

Haha, I tried that stuff a couple of times - not really my thing. Plus afterwards you have to live with yourself as someone who once tried to get high by necking cough syrup.

bandshell

Grand High Witch
I tried DXM once and it went horribly wrong. I managed to get it just as powder and dropped a few capsules one night before a party.

About halfway there, I started to feel pretty spaced and my body started heating up. I got worse and worse and then realised I'd never found out where the party was. By this time I'm itching intensely all over my body, scratching myself all over and starting to feel like I'm on a speed comedown.

I ended up wandering out into the countryside in the dark, rolling about on the floor and continuing to scratch myself all over. I eventually found my way back to an urban area and two of my mates happened to bump into me and took me to the party.

I spent the whole night lying on the sofa, shaking, red raw from scratching, completely out of my tree and thoroughly uncomfortable.

Last edited:

slowtrain

Nah, it's absolutely wicked if you do it right. Get the cough syrup with only 'Dextromethorpan Hydrobromide' in it (the cough syrup thing is actually great, it means it isn't very expensive and you assured of getting 100% quality) - read up the DXM FAQ to figure out how much you need (you'll probably need a couple of goes to get it right, best to start of lower - the first couple of plateaus are like a weird sort of drunk and very fun anyway): http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_faq.shtml

I've had a lot of really interesting experiences on it - definitely not a party drug, it's a Dissociative... But seriously, the alien stuff, the weird sub-out of body experiences, eerie dream states, music taking on a weird 'presence'... -Everything seems kinda unreal, it's very much like some of the dream scenes Tarkovsky's Mirror.

Very neat for thinking through paradoxes and that sort of thing.

In terms of colours, if LSD etc are psychedelic reds and yellows, DXM is purples and greens and blues...

I think I might do some more after exams come to think of it...

bandshell

Grand High Witch
I always got green and purple on LSD.

The only dissociative I've done, other than DXM, is ket. I've had the things you described (OBE's, dream states etc) with ketamine numerous times.

How different is DXM from ket (when it works well)?

slowtrain

I always got green and purple on LSD.

The only dissociative I've done, other than DXM, is ket. I've had the things you described (OBE's, dream states etc) with ketamine numerous times.

How different is DXM from ket (when it works well)?

I've never actually done ketamine, but from what I've heard DXM is less of a 'party' drug than K - apparently much more chaotic and harder to control, - a lot of people say it seems more 'dirty' than K - but then I've never really found that; maybe at very high doses, and if you aren't prepared I imagine it could get pretty terrifying. (I don't think I've been beyond lower third-plateau doses).

I'd like to try some K out to compare, but where I live (Wellington) I don't know of any contacts for that sort of thing...

EDIT: I'm hardly a drugs expert anyway, have done bugger all of them.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Nah, it's absolutely wicked if you do it right. Get the cough syrup with only 'Dextromethorpan Hydrobromide' in it (the cough syrup thing is actually great, it means it isn't very expensive and you assured of getting 100% quality) - read up the DXM FAQ to figure out how much you need (you'll probably need a couple of goes to get it right, best to start of lower - the first couple of plateaus are like a weird sort of drunk and very fun anyway): http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_faq.shtml

Yeah sure, I read all that and got the 'right' cough syrup, but it's just not the drug for me. The visuals were interesting (bit like animated Magrite paintings, very nice) but I had a constant sense of, I dunno, physically falling into something, a kind of psychedelic vertigo, and it was just generally a bit dysphoric. Whereas I find K pretty comfortable, on the whole.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Anyway, back to things that make you chuckle:

My girlfriend told me that years ago, when she and her sister still lived at home, one night around Christmas they heard a crash and a yell and came rushing out of their rooms to see what was going on. The Christmas tree that year was unusually large and had been situated on the landing between their parents' room and the bathroom. Turned out their dad had got up to go for a piss in the night without either putting on a dressing gown or turning on the landing light, and had managed to knock the tree with his elbow and had brought it crashing down on top of him.

The upshot of this is that two teenage girls were somewhat traumatised by the sight of their bollock-naked father lying prone on the landing, apparently being raped by a Douglas fir.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This could just as easily have gone in 'Does my head in', but Maldon sea salt proudly proclaims its certification by the Organic Food Federation.

Mmm, lovely organic sodium chloride...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I tried DXM once and it went horribly wrong. I managed to get it just as powder and dropped a few capsules one night before a party.

About halfway there, I started to feel pretty spaced and my body started heating up. I got worse and worse and then realised I'd never found out where the party was. By this time I'm itching intensely all over my body, scratching myself all over and starting to feel like I'm on a speed comedown.

I ended up wandering out into the countryside in the dark, rolling about on the floor and continuing to scratch myself all over. I eventually found my way back to an urban area and two of my mates happened to bump into me and took me to the party.

I spent the whole night lying on the sofa, shaking, red raw from scratching, completely out of my tree and thoroughly uncomfortable.

Did you pull?