Leo

Ainsley-sausage.jpg

if that's real, it is hilarious. even if it's not, it's still pretty funny.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Use By/Best Before dates are a conspiracy by producers and retailers to make us throw away perfectly good food. Fact.

*scrapes mould off cheese, makes unconvincing 'Look, it's fine!' face*

Turns out this principle doesn't extend to products so old the best-before date is written ANNO XII IMP.IVL.AUG.

Bleurgh.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Some of those are less/more hateful than others. "Tea, travel, gin, giggles,books, cooks, equality, gin" - dear god.

And boy, this person would have a fucking coronary reading an online dating site. Room for massive expansion of his/her site.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3CIAOY7B4ig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is just hysterical. A mindboggling cocktail of insincerity, lack of self-awareness and passive aggressiveness presented as an art form. The interviewer is legendarily obsequious too.

To be followed by this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nEo54elmsMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

you

baboon - you what I don't like about that guy - occular-vocal dysynchronity - his eyes move out of synch to his mouth - he is utterly false, robotic and horrid. I also wonder how he came to that state, did he stop watching all TV after 1970?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Some of those are less/more hateful than others. "Tea, travel, gin, giggles,books, cooks, equality, gin" - dear god.

At what point did being obsessed with gin become a twee shibboleth? It doesn't have a particularly wholesome history, does it?

400ginlane02.jpg

Maybe heroin will be 'twee' in a couple of hundred years, who knows.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
At what point did being obsessed with gin become a twee shibboleth? It doesn't have a particularly wholesome history, does it?

400ginlane02.jpg

Maybe heroin will be 'twee' in a couple of hundred years, who knows.

For me it's not the thing itself (I quite like gin for the record), but using it as a primary descriptor of one's 'personality'. Might as well say you like breathing. And the inclusion of 'equality' in that partic list is mindblowing. No-one's saying it's easy to describe oneself, but there's no excuse for such absolutely appallingly generic attempts. "Likes: sleeping, coffee, laughing, having fun. Dislikes: cancer, the Holocaust".

Contrary to the guy who made the site, I'd use 'dangerously banal' rather than 'twee' in the first place, too.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
baboon - you what I don't like about that guy - occular-vocal dysynchronity - his eyes move out of synch to his mouth - he is utterly false, robotic and horrid. I also wonder how he came to that state, did he stop watching all TV after 1970?

i'm quite obsessed with him in a sick way. he's so appalling it's almost admirable

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
For me it's not the thing itself (I quite like gin for the record), but using it as a primary descriptor of one's 'personality'.
I hope that that guy's twitter profile thingy contains a lengthy and ruthlessly honest appraisal of every aspect of his character.

TBH, that fact that someone is precious enough to judge people based on a couple of lines of shite they wrote for an online profile makes them come off as a lot more of a dick than the people being judged.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Don't necessarily agree, but at the same time can see your point. As said, I thought some of them were far worse than others

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
At the airport just now I saw two black guys with not just a couple of inches of boxer shorts but actually their entire arses on display. Didn't think anyone still did that any more, it was like a timewarp to the late '90s.

One of them had a tiny hole at the back of his pants, right in the middle, like a sort of fart ventilation system.

"Likes: sleeping, coffee, laughing, having fun. Dislikes: cancer, the Holocaust".

Ha, yes, the 'equality' bit was kinda pathetic.

Last edited: