Leo

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2013/11/death-metal-english/

Normal English: “Commuting to work”
Death Metal English: “TRANSPORTATION OF THE WAGEBOUND UNTO THE NEXUS OF PERPETUAL QUOTIDIAN ENSLAVEMENT”

Normal English: “This bok choy isn’t very good”
Death Metal English: “CASTIGATING THE VERDANT ISSUANCE OF THE SOILS OF JIANGNAN”

Normal English: “I need to take a nap”
Death Metal English: “RIPPED INTO THE UTTER EXHAUSTION OF THE MIDDLE DAY”

Normal English: “You have to mow the lawn”
Death Metal English: “BRING DOWN THE SCYTHE OF GODS UPON THE NECKS OF THE GREEN-RIBBED LEGIONS AND SWEEP AWAY THEIR WRETCHED BODIES; THOU ART IMPLORED BY ME”

IdleRich

IdleRich
That Streetview thing is great - I saw a load of those pictures at the Saatchi Gallery a year or so back blown up to six feet tall, was a cool exhibition.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The article about Guy N Smith is good too. Somewhere down this page

http://tomtittery.blogspot.co.uk/2013_10_01_archive.html

As above, Smith also seems unhealthily preoccupied with the idea of the creatures targeting private areas, and so throwing up and insect sexual battery become an integral part of a recurring pattern of violent, humiliating death.

For example --

'Martha struck at the earwigs blindly. She sent two tumbling back, but there were five or six already beneath the hem of her skirt and travelling upwards, fast. Swiftly she closed her thighs and pressed them tightly together. 'No, not there! Oh, my God!'
'He could feel them on his thighs and knew only too well that they were seeking out his genitals. Soft tender flesh, sweetbreads for the taking'.
'The ants were everywhere; not an inch of her body was spared. It was obscene. She cried out, a strangled shriek of anguish. The dirty bastards are raping me!'
'She was laughing and spitting mangled ants all down her tits. And she had a suspicion that she had messed her pants, too. Or it could just have been the ants running out of her'.

(this poor soul has an ant induced orgasm at the point of death).
'He thought his genitals were gone, but he didn't mind that'.

'Randolph winced, knowing now what it felt like to be circumcised and castrated at the same time'

This list is not exhaustive.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Ollie, check where I linked to that bog on my facebook...

I see it, but it looks like the same link you posted here - am I missing something? It's pretty cool anyway.

I was scrolling through the posts and thought "hmmm, obsession with 60s/70s music/film/TV/general pop culture, pulp horror/fantasy/sci-fi, general air of psychohauntogeography, blah blah, there's got to be...ahh yes, there it is!" - a link to Belbury Parish Magazine, plus links to other blogs that in turn link to Scarfolk Council, Treadwell's bookshop, Strange Attractor, etc. etc. etc.

Edit: haha...

Incidentally, in 'Agents Of Chaos', the 'only one man (who) dared to fight back' is called Boris Johnson.

I remember mentioning this here years ago after I found a copy in the small library of the particle physics group at my old college.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's just on facebook someone picked out the bit about Goodnight Sweetheart and said "Is that true? I never really found it that funny".

Leo

cover of the forthcoming moodymann album!

1424430_10151996311973468_1278841918_n.jpg