Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I saw some stills from this video:

in the Metro this morning and almost lost control of my bladder laughing - until I realised it wasn't actually a vigilante revenge attack on the same woman. :(

Still pretty funny though.

swears

preppy-kei
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Just want to chill with my ant bros.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
^ ha ha ha

There's a version in beta that has "pull up dat" as well.

Normally makes me chuckle to myself but won't this time because I'm going to be away - watching facebook during tube strikes and seeing nominally left wing london friends displaying a peculiar lack of solidarity with The Workers.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Normally makes me chuckle to myself but won't this time because I'm going to be away - watching facebook during tube strikes and seeing nominally left wing london friends displaying a peculiar lack of solidarity with The Workers.

I don't think being left-wing necessarily has any correlation with supporting tube strikes...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
What I meant was, a hundred years ago workers used industrial action to attempt to protect their livelihoods and incrementally win the legal employment rights we enjoy today, whereas in the case of the RMT these days it seems to be more about protecting a cushy monopoly and indulging Bob Crow's megalomania.

London bus drivers earn considerably less than tube drivers but have a much harder job, how come they never go on strike?

john eden

male pale and stale
What I meant was, a hundred years ago workers used industrial action to attempt to protect their livelihoods and incrementally win the legal employment rights we enjoy today, whereas in the case of the RMT these days it seems to be more about protecting a cushy monopoly and indulging Bob Crow's megalomania.

London bus drivers earn considerably less than tube drivers but have a much harder job, how come they never go on strike?

They don't go on strike as often because they're not organised as well.

The current strike is also about keeping stations safe.

I wish I had someone like Bob Crow and the RMT fighting my corner at work.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Hahaha, a bankers' strike, what a wonderful image. :)

I suppose it's fair enough if there are genuine safety concerns over (Tube) staff cuts, but they've gone on strike for some pretty ridiculous shit before now.

john eden

male pale and stale
I swear I'm not making these up.

I hate tube workers and their strikes. How would they like it if their accountants went on strike and they needed their pay calculated?

(from a trainee accountant)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You'd probably have to be in NZ right now to get this but....

http://bobparkerengineeredthechchquake.blogspot.com/

My god, it's like someone shat their brain into QuarkXPress in 1997! :rolleyes:

I find it somehow heartening that people still make websites like that. I was going to ask if people think it's real or a joke, but the dividing line between earnestness and parody for this sort of web-wibble is so blurred as to be practically nonexistent. Time Cube, anyone?